Pluckn' The Strings | Teen Ink

Pluckn' The Strings

By collegegirladventures GOLD, Mequon, Wisconsin
collegegirladventures GOLD, Mequon, Wisconsin

A poet's work is to name the unnameable, to point at frauds, to take sides, start arguments, shape the world, and stop it going to sleep.

~Salman Rushdie

I was in a park with my photography teacher one sunny day. My ears picked up on someone playing a guitar. We went to check it out. I wanted to capture the man's hand plucking the guitar's strings. By the way, the song he played was AWESOME!! ;)

Similar images

This photo has 12 comments.

half.note said...
half.note, Edmonton, Alberta
I really like this picture because I love music. My dad owns a guitar store and teaches guitar lessons so I grew up around those six string instruments. I have also played piano for about nine years, so music is a really big part of my life. I really admire the way you take pictures and I have been looking at some of your other work as well. Keep up the good work! p.s. If you like music, please read my short story called "For Only You". It's about piano and I'd really appreciate if you could rate or comment. Thanks.

Randamu said...
Randamu, Helendale, California

"For God so loved the world (you) that He gave His only begotten Son (Jesus), that whoever believes in Him should not perish (in Hell) but have everlasting life (in Heaven)." -John 3:16

De nada muncho :D

~Salman Rushdie

thank you mucho. 

Randamu said...
Randamu, Helendale, California

Cool! :D And i can see that you are doing an awesome job in that, too.

~Salman Rushdie

aawesum! photography  is 1 of my fav hobbies

Randamu said...
Randamu, Helendale, California

I love pianos, too :3 And I cannot play a piano very well.  But I am very good at taking pictures :D

~Salman Rushdie

cool! ii dont play guitar, just piano. one is enough. lol

Randamu said...
Randamu, Helendale, California

De nada :) I love guitars, too :D

~Salman Rushdie

Gracias!! :)

Randamu said...
Randamu, Helendale, California

Me Encanta!! :D

~Salman Rushdie

awwwww thx so much!! :)

on Jun. 23 2011 at 10:55 am
SophiaCross SILVER, Plattsburgh, New York

To love, to be loved. To never forget your own insignificance. To never get used to the unspeakable violence and vulgar disparity of the life around you. To seek joy in the saddest places. To pursue beauty to its lair. To never simplify what is complicated or complicate what is simple. To respect strength, never power. Above all to watch. To try and understand. To never look away. And never, never to forget.”

You have a gift