Open and Waiting; Seville, Spain | Teen Ink

Open and Waiting; Seville, Spain

By Basile BRONZE, Walpole, Massachusetts
Basile BRONZE, Walpole, Massachusetts

"You must be the change you want to see in the world." - Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi

"There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle." - Albert Einstein

I took this photo of one very hungry fish on a trip to the Alcazar, a royal palace in Seville, Spain. Originally a Moorish Fort, the Alcazar has housed countless royals of varying descent over the years. It remains the official Seville residence of the Spanish royal family. The fish in this photo was one of many swimming its way around an outdoor pool. Every time a visitor approached, it would open its cavernous mouth and await a morsel of food. In the same way, I was at the Alcazar hungry to learn more about the people who had dwelled within its walls. What had they been hungry for in turn? Power? Wealth? Status? The chance to improve a country or to consolidate its power over it? Just as people sometimes lose themselves in the pursuit of their dreams and desires, I found myself captivated by the gaping expression of this fish.

Similar images

This photo has 0 comments.