The Crossroads of Frontiers; Estepona, Spain | Teen Ink

The Crossroads of Frontiers; Estepona, Spain

By Basile BRONZE, Walpole, Massachusetts
Basile BRONZE, Walpole, Massachusetts

"You must be the change you want to see in the world." - Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi

"There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle." - Albert Einstein

I took this photo on a trip to Estepona, Spain, a popular destination for beachgoers around the world. Geographically, Estepona is quite close to Gibraltar and the coast of Morocco in Africa. Walking down the city boardwalk at sunset, I was surprised to see those same two bystanders watching me. What was more, the Moon was out. I found myself caught between three worlds- Europe, Africa and the Moon. Or alternatively- ocean and sky. From a historical perspective, here I was in Spain. Not far away, Gibraltar sat, a British territory whose ownership has often been contested with Spain. A little ways beyond that lay Morocco, birthplace of the Moorish leaders whose dynasties once held dominion over Spain. There before me were frontiers ad infinitum, echoed in the waters below and the space above. In Estepona, one finds oneself at a crossroad of cultures as well as of nature. It is an intersection that seems as intangible as it does tangible, one which evokes both immense power and insignificance in the twilight haze.

Similar images

This photo has 0 comments.