Writers block | Forums | Teen Ink

Writers' Workshop Forums

HayWay GOLD, Draper, Utah
10 articles 0 photos 8 comments

Favorite Quote:
FOUR SQUARE!!!!!! :)

HayWay GOLD replied...
on Nov. 16 2011 at 10:23 pm
Hope_Princess, my english teacher is having us wright a short story based on a picture and most of my class mates think its the hardest thing in the world! Its just so easy for me!

BryannaAkins PLATINUM, Garden Grove, California
21 articles 4 photos 1 comment

Favorite Quote:
"Love is NEVER ugly."

on Nov. 16 2011 at 11:26 pm
I look to my favorite movies and stories for inspiration. i mix and match certain parts of one movie and then combine it with something i like from a stort i read. works well, try it out!!!

PawNight replied...
on Nov. 17 2011 at 12:07 am
Write a poem about writers block?

nolanje80 PLATINUM, Kalispell, Montana
30 articles 19 photos 25 comments

Favorite Quote:
“When you're dreaming with a broken heart
The waking up is the hardest part
You roll outta bed and down on your knees
And for a moment you can hardly breathe”
― John Mayer

nolanje80 PLATINUM replied...
on Nov. 29 2011 at 12:50 pm
i also have the same problem. i only get inspiration from emotion.....but no strong emotions have happened to me lately......HELP!

Sharkeyyy8 SILVER, Miami, Florida
6 articles 0 photos 4 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Music expresses that which cannot be put into words and that which cannot remain silent"
-Victor Hugo

Sharkeyyy8 SILVER replied...
on Dec. 3 2011 at 4:06 pm
me too, just think about ur emotions and find a way to connect that with ur topic. That is what i do.

deadly PLATINUM, Bloomingdale, Michigan
38 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
haters make me famous, blood on the dance floor

deadly PLATINUM replied...
on Dec. 4 2011 at 3:03 pm
im the same way

if im in a mood i can write

if im not i cant write

UNserieswriter, New York
0 articles 0 photos 75 comments

Favorite Quote:
idk my bff jill

UNserieswriter replied...
on Dec. 9 2011 at 6:15 pm
same here! But after months of toil Roman Leagues and The Underground Network are finally out there! thanks to everyone who's read, commented and rated!

Alechcim SILVER, Plano, Texas
6 articles 2 photos 28 comments

Favorite Quote:
"There's no such thing as impossible, the word itself says 'I'm possible'!" -Audrey Hepburn
"Be the change you wish to see in the world.- Ganhdi
"I have no failed, I've just found 10,000 ways that don't work." -Thomas Edison

Alechcim SILVER replied...
on Dec. 17 2011 at 10:29 pm
I always listen to music to inspire me! I figure out what the song is trying to say, and the story it tell. 

Read yes. read. read. read. read.

Often read a bunch of different books at once and smoosh the ideas of them all into one!:)

This is just me, but since I play on club volleyball, working out helps.

And I agree about re-reading your past work.

This helps me!

Imy_Spray GOLD, North Shore City, Other
10 articles 0 photos 15 comments

Favorite Quote:
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tightly closed in the bud, was more painful than the risk it took to bloom.

Imy_Spray GOLD replied...
on Dec. 18 2011 at 5:31 pm
 Its really random, but I take parts from dreams that I can kind of remember and use that to build a story. Also, I use my favourite songs and think of the mood and what could be hidden behind it :)

Art_Trash, Frankfort, New York
0 articles 2 photos 21 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Say what you think and think what you want. Because the ones who mind don't matter, and the ones who matter, don't mind." ~Dr.Suess
"Every artist was once an amateur."

Art_Trash replied...
on Dec. 18 2011 at 6:02 pm
One thing I do for motivation and inspiration is I come on this website and just read through some fiction short stories. That tends to help get me ready to continue my own. :) Hope it helps!

you_know_me112 BRONZE, Ventnor, New Jersey
3 articles 0 photos 2 comments
on Dec. 19 2011 at 1:02 pm
I get writers block all of the time. But, i have sort of cured it. I no longer have writers block. Ever since i have read the Maximum ride series by james patterson, i can think of anything to write. Theres your answer

Sova6 BRONZE, St. Paul, Minnesota
1 article 6 photos 9 comments

Favorite Quote:
Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it is better to be absolutely ridiculouse than absolutely boring- Monroe

Sova6 BRONZE replied...
on Dec. 19 2011 at 3:26 pm
u know, i tend to feel sorry 4 writers that tend to get writers' block. My older sister has it all the time :/

Actually, in my opinion i don't think writer's block truly exists. A writers' story is totally within them-to the point it can even be a part of the author, (To me-& to my favorite author- writer's block is hesitance. Fear.) when one can get past hesitance, the book totally flows from there.

[i'm speaking from experience by the way]

padres23, Las Vegas, Nevada
0 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Treat people the way you want to be treated".

padres23 replied...
on Dec. 19 2011 at 5:29 pm
What I do is, watch a short t.v show. it sometimes may give me inspirations.

Wordfisher, Vancouver, Washington
0 articles 0 photos 7 comments
Wordfisher replied...
on Dec. 27 2011 at 6:19 pm
Try taking a random object, and try to describe it or write a story about it. I did this with my bath and body lotion, and ended up writing a whole story on it. Hope this helps!

ClaraW BRONZE, ZIONSVILLE, Alabama
3 articles 0 photos 3 comments

Favorite Quote:
Yet to be determined....:)

ClaraW BRONZE replied...
on Jan. 8 2012 at 7:15 pm
Give yourself a WHOLE weekend to do nothing. NOTHING. Veg and do whatever. Take your mind off your writing BUT read books, watch movies, and listen to songs that inspire you or have something to do with what you're writing...it worked for me on my angel novel when I sat around all weekend (much to everyone's dismay) and watched Tron while reading stuff about angels on my laptop

MusicRox1310 BRONZE, St. Charles, Missouri
1 article 0 photos 6 comments

Favorite Quote:
"It aint over 'till it's over" -Yogi Berra
"Don't Blink. Blink, and you're dead" -Dr. Who

MusicRox1310 BRONZE replied...
on Jan. 9 2012 at 9:36 am
Ask your family questions about things that have happened to them. Some stories might jump out at you. Good luck!

Pearlgrl272, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
0 articles 0 photos 1 comment
Pearlgrl272 replied...
on Jan. 9 2012 at 1:27 pm
Hhhm the only problem I have with that is my stories always come out similar or seeming like a ripoff of the last episode of PLL.

n3xtusplaya DIAMOND, Honolulu, Hawaii
83 articles 23 photos 232 comments

Favorite Quote:
"It's better to be hated for who you are than to be loved for what you are not."

~Luara Moncur

n3xtusplaya DIAMOND replied...
on Jan. 10 2012 at 1:17 pm
I get writers block quite often...the best thing to do is give it a rest...NEVER force a writing to come out, it'll end up non sincere and not personal, and if after a week away from writing think about things, if you like sports you may try thinking a lot on that...jus dont think to much...allow your mind to come up with it and your hand to mimic it....of course it easiest if you have someone give you a topic but coming up with one will express YOU more!

Spark2Flame BRONZE, Cape Coral, Florida
2 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
When Life gives you Lemons, you throw them back and ask for Apples.

Spark2Flame BRONZE replied...
on Jan. 14 2012 at 7:03 pm
Honestly It's very common, and inspiration doesn't always work. Honestly it can come from just plain and simply getting bored with what you are doing. Whenever I get writers block I usually just hang out with my friends, and spice up what I'm writing. Both are good cures

TwistedB SILVER, New Orleans, Louisiana
5 articles 0 photos 4 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Dealing with backstabbers, there was one thing I learned. They're only powerful when you got your back turned."-Eminem

TwistedB SILVER replied...
on Jan. 20 2012 at 9:44 pm
i find when i have bad writers block since i write about werewolves and all the mythical stuff i listen to Ozzy Osbourn, read the Maximum Ride series by James Patterson, watch the TV show Supernatural or something like that i also do research on what i wanted to write about if i have writers block sometime if you are writing about something especially mythical you might get ideas from learning the myths about them