Writers block | Forums | TeenInk

Writers' Workshop Forums

chetahgirl20 PLATINUM, Rosemount, Minnesota
25 articles 0 photos 19 comments

Favorite Quote:
The world is your oyster, and the universe is a fish.
-Me

on Nov. 24 2009 at 12:01 pm
I'm the same, i have to look around the room for an object. Or you can listen to a song, and follow the gist of it

brand*new*eyes SILVER, Saint Louis, Missouri
6 articles 0 photos 35 comments

Favorite Quote:
Misguided ghosts
Traveling endlessly
The ones we trusted the most
Pushed us far away
(paramore)

on Nov. 26 2009 at 5:32 pm
thats the same for me too, i cant force myself to write or else the piece is crap and embarassing

CrystalClosure GOLD, Hudsonville, Michigan
11 articles 0 photos 7 comments

Favorite Quote:
"We are all like snowfakes, beautiful and fragile. Though our purpose is simple and our lives are short, we shall make the most of what we have been given."
~Myself~

CrystalClosure GOLD replied...
on Dec. 3 2009 at 6:44 pm
i take a walk when i have a writers block

mattlarrabee, Longmont, Colorado
0 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
"In the book of life, the answers aren't in the back."
-Charlie Brown

mattlarrabee replied...
on Dec. 6 2009 at 7:33 pm
that is definitely true. writing is like a whole world in itself ha

reesha SILVER, Rawalpindi, Other
6 articles 15 photos 124 comments

Favorite Quote:
"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them."
Walt Disney

"Hakuna Matata!"
Lion King

"The British policy was 'unite and conquer'. But I say 'unite and conquer'."
Greg Mortenson (Three Cups of Tea)

reesha SILVER replied...
on Dec. 7 2009 at 8:11 am
oooohhhhh I know that feeling. Though with me, i always end up writing huge stories. Right now my record is 1500 words :) I love the look on my friend's faces because the word limit is 200 words :P

-Diva- SILVER, Eatonville, Washington
6 articles 0 photos 13 comments

Favorite Quote:
"I am disinclined to acquiesce to your request" -(From Pirates of the Caribbean)

-Diva- SILVER replied...
on Dec. 8 2009 at 3:14 pm
I must say I have the same problem but what helps me is I take a minute or two to just write down every word that comes to mind and then my mind useally opens up and I'm out of it.

FlamableFyre DIAMOND, Spartanburg, South Carolina
93 articles 9 photos 107 comments

Favorite Quote:
I don't have ambitions or desires.
Being a poet isn't my ambition,
it's my way of being alone.
~ Fernando Pessoa ~

on Dec. 8 2009 at 4:45 pm
wow, thats what i feel put into words...thanks! thia means i can explain how i feel, normally i cant think of anything to describe writing to a person who looks at it and says, 'ugh words, why does the world have words?' now i can answer!!!!!! yay! (if you dont mind of course)

Favorite Quote:
~ Fernando Pessoa ~

on Dec. 8 2009 at 4:46 pm
(that was a reply to mattlarrabee)

Skeezics GOLD, Eatonville, Washington
12 articles 0 photos 87 comments

Favorite Quote:
A childs voice, however honest and true, is meaningless to those who have forgotten how to listen.
Everyone faces obsticals. What defines you is how you overcome them. -J.R. Celski

Skeezics GOLD replied...
on Dec. 8 2009 at 5:38 pm
Sometimes people are stuck in writers block for months at a time. when it comes to that i think that it is a good idea to try to find things around you that might make a good idea for say a book you are writing. like friends that may do something that fits the plot or something like that

CrystalClosure GOLD, Hudsonville, Michigan
11 articles 0 photos 7 comments

Favorite Quote:
"We are all like snowfakes, beautiful and fragile. Though our purpose is simple and our lives are short, we shall make the most of what we have been given."
~Myself~

CrystalClosure GOLD replied...
on Dec. 11 2009 at 8:51 pm
i visulize and react the story and that helps me!

Jacobf2 BRONZE, Branford, Connecticut
2 articles 0 photos 2 comments
Jacobf2 BRONZE replied...
on Dec. 15 2009 at 8:00 pm
Usually when i have writer's block I listen to music and clear my mind until something eventually hits me. Either that or start writing without caring where the idea ends up you might just get the ball rolling.

biggerinfinities SILVER, Superior, Colorado
7 articles 0 photos 356 comments

Favorite Quote:
“We accept the love we think we deserve.”
― Stephen Chbosky, The Perks of Being a Wallflower

on Dec. 18 2009 at 7:49 am
Oh if you have any more ideas i would LOVE to hear of them

BooArrg, Spokane, Washington
0 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
In a perfect world, things would be better. You know what I mean... or you don't?

BooArrg replied...
on Dec. 19 2009 at 12:34 am
I've been taking the year off of school to write a novel and I have run into the same problem... and, as cheesy as this sounds, I think it might actually help you.

I found that, when writing, the best thing you can ever do to defeat writers block is to not write. I know this sounds stupid, but try it. Take up an insturment, draw a picture, or, if worst comes to worst, take up extreme goat riding. Trust me on this one, the ideas will come.

Favorite Quote:
~ Fernando Pessoa ~

on Dec. 19 2009 at 8:17 am
lol extreme goat riding just might do the trick....actually thats really good advice, thanks

bookwormishgirl PLATINUM, Merion, Pennsylvania
24 articles 16 photos 53 comments
on Dec. 20 2009 at 1:22 pm
Ugggg I hate that!!!

...PensiveGurl... PLATINUM, Aurora, Colorado
20 articles 0 photos 268 comments

Favorite Quote:
You get ideas from daydreaming. You get ideas from being bored. You get ideas all the time. The only difference between writers and other people is we notice when we're doing it- Neil Gaiman.
Who are you to be who you are?-Le'Na Pernell

on Dec. 20 2009 at 9:03 pm
If you take a deep breath... drink some tea... take a bubble bath... meditate.... I dunno' something oughta work. But I can seriously realate.... Maybe you should write a poem about writer's block... Or I should... At least one of us should! >.<

StartlingThing GOLD, Gresham, Oregon
13 articles 11 photos 10 comments

Favorite Quote:
"The difference between the right word and the right word is like the difference between lightening bug and lightening" -Mark Twain

StartlingThing GOLD replied...
on Dec. 21 2009 at 3:25 am
you can take anything around you and write about it....My English teacher tells us "you can write anything even if its the worst garbage in the world" It works.....I also just like to listens to songs and pick random parts out and write.....it really works! trust me

inkwaves SILVER, Alexandria, Virginia
9 articles 0 photos 0 comments
inkwaves SILVER replied...
on Dec. 22 2009 at 10:17 am
Oh I get writer's block a lot, too. Sometimes reading quotes can help. They give a lot of good ideas for themes and characters. Pictures are the same way.

Macerz GOLD, Queen Creek, Arizona
13 articles 0 photos 4 comments

Favorite Quote:
i once cried because i had no shoes until i met a man with no feet!

Macerz GOLD replied...
on Dec. 22 2009 at 6:46 pm
i get writers block all the time i think back into my memories and i write like 40 things i am interested in and then write a story of all i put down on teh paper or i edit it adn go from there

-Kal- GOLD, Carthage, North Carolina
14 articles 0 photos 244 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Faith sees the invisible, believes the incredible, and recieves the impossible"
-Anonymous

-Kal- GOLD replied...
on Dec. 25 2009 at 6:28 pm
i write stuff all the time, but i really dont know how i do it. like, all of a sudden ill get an inspiration from something and ill just start spitting out a story, poem, song, etc. once i have a basic story-line though, i listen to music to help really get me in the mood for whatever i am writing, and that helps with my details. hope this helps :)