Writers block | Forums | TeenInk

Writers' Workshop Forums

elfen_girl BRONZE, Wilmslow, Other
3 articles 0 photos 53 comments

Favorite Quote:
K.I.S.S - Keep it simple stupid

elfen_girl BRONZE replied...
on Oct. 19 2010 at 12:13 pm
if u find i hard to write or just cant put words to paper, then u should ask  4 help, a friend or family member will do, they might be able to give u some good ideas

(imagination and creativity can never be wrong, write what what your heart tells u and u will be amazing)

Vanendra BRONZE, Blasdell, New York
1 article 76 photos 311 comments

Favorite Quote:
"I just sneezed and it hurt my pelvis."~Jasmine Omg
"A wise girl kisses but doesn't love"~Marylin Monroe
"I didn't tell him nowhere where you live" ~me ^-^
"I like the wolves on this textbook, they have very legs" ~Jasmine Omg

Vanendra BRONZE replied...
on Oct. 24 2010 at 6:16 pm
<3 i usually take a walk through the woods and get an idea there <3

inspiring_author, Shelbyville, Indiana
0 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
"I know that it's not just me. You feel like this is right for us." -Aria from Pretty Little Liars

inspiring_author replied...
on Oct. 25 2010 at 3:02 pm
Try looking at some of other people's work.  Get some inspiration from them.  I have a real easy time if the topic is something that I like to do or something that is really easy to write about.  Then there are the essays that I have no idea what to put.  I naturally write my own stories anyways, but sometimes when I get stuck I need some inspiration. 

Bbb4313 GOLD, Gwinn, Michigan
12 articles 1 photo 15 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Creative minds never get bored." Unknown

Bbb4313 GOLD replied...
on Nov. 5 2010 at 10:18 pm
Walk through walmart and write a story about the first word that you hear.

red-head BRONZE, Belmont, New York
1 article 0 photos 25 comments
red-head BRONZE replied...
on Nov. 8 2010 at 12:11 am
anybody want know what i do? i read my book of baby names silly yes to have a whole book for them but you would be surprised. you end you reading a weird name and saying how did whoever get that name and we writers of this wonderful world must know right right .wow i'm really sleepy

MsPassionWriter, New Jerusalem, Pennsylvania
0 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
Then if my people, who are called by my name, are sorry for what they have done, if they pray and obey me and stop their evil ways, I will hear them from heaven. I will forgive their sin, and I will heal their land.

--2 Chronicles 7:14

MsPassionWriter replied...
on Nov. 11 2010 at 3:17 am
That's creative! I never would have though to walk through Walmart and write a story about the first word I hear. I'll have to try that. Thanks! =)

Esperanza GOLD, Twinsburg, Ohio
15 articles 0 photos 106 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Don't tell me 'sky's the limit' when there are footprints on the moon."

Esperanza GOLD replied...
on Nov. 23 2010 at 5:46 am
How about like a fairytale gone wrong i always like to write about those. You can take a fairytale story and twist it around. These stories are hilarious...Whadya think???

Esperanza GOLD, Twinsburg, Ohio
15 articles 0 photos 106 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Don't tell me 'sky's the limit' when there are footprints on the moon."

Esperanza GOLD replied...
on Nov. 26 2010 at 6:17 pm
Hey i'll check out ur stuff i have a forum that offers people to critique their stuff if they'll critique mine but i'll critique urs anyway bc this is a rele big post hav anything in mind??

GzusFreak10 GOLD, Staten Island, New York
17 articles 0 photos 102 comments
GzusFreak10 GOLD replied...
on Nov. 27 2010 at 6:47 pm
Oh my goodness! Writer's block is SO HORRIBLE! I get it all the time. What I started doing who knows how long ago is put myself to sleep thinking up stories. I'm a total sap when it comes to romance, so I usually think up a good one, but it depends on what genre you like best. Another thing I do is write about what I know. My best stuff, with one exception, came from that. If you look up my articles on here, pretty much all of it was experienced--including my story "How to Host a Murder Without Even Trying." That one came from a really warped dream I had a while ago. lol. I woke up and immediately wrote down the basics of what I dreamed. Then I embellished the outline. All my poetry is based on real life. Check it out. Who knows? U mite even get an idea! :) Hope that helps! Good luck!

Trulie GOLD, Beltsville, Maryland
10 articles 10 photos 51 comments
Trulie GOLD replied...
on Dec. 1 2010 at 3:31 pm
One technique I've used is write down anything random. For example, I can write junk like "I have no ideas. I'd be better off painting my nails" etc. You can write about what happened to you that day or what you think of your best friends eyes... whatever! Eventually ideas come and gets your creative juices flowing again. Hope that helps.

Cake4all BRONZE, Spring, Texas
1 article 0 photos 2 comments
Cake4all BRONZE replied...
on Dec. 6 2010 at 7:48 am
I agree with this person.  If you don't feel like writing, you aren't going to do well.  It's just not worth it to force yourself to write.  but that's just me.

Cake4all BRONZE, Spring, Texas
Cake4all BRONZE replied...
on Dec. 6 2010 at 7:49 am
sorry I meant poemgirl

Truelyy44 BRONZE, St. Louis, Missouri

Favorite Quote:
"Don't start nuthin won't be nuthin."-Fam quote

Truelyy44 BRONZE replied...
on Dec. 6 2010 at 10:52 am
ok, try and give yourself four words and from those four words creat sumthing. write me back and tell my if it helps

Jenny C. BRONZE, Birmingham, Alabama
1 article 0 photos 6 comments
Jenny C. BRONZE replied...
on Dec. 8 2010 at 3:59 pm
I have that happen to me. My friend loves my stuff, and she just doesn't understand that sometimes i just CAN'T write. So here's what i do: i put my stuff away for a week, and, in the mean time, i read some other stuff and see if that gives me an idea. i write down things that i like, and see if that inspires anything. i hope this helps!

OriginalCarbonation GOLD, Naperville, Illinois
11 articles 0 photos 106 comments

Favorite Quote:
dream as if you'll live forever
live as if you'll die tomorrow

on Dec. 8 2010 at 8:07 pm
alot of what people said so far is right. also, i notice going for something dramatic to the point of almost being obvious is the best way to get back into the swing of it. it probably wont be ur best work, or even close really, but you can slowly but surely work you're way back to deep nuances and complicated layers and such. good luck! will you please read my poem in the writers workshop forum? it would mean the world to me! its called "the story of us" and please leave a comment :)

FootprintsInTheSnow GOLD, Eden Prairie, Minnesota
10 articles 0 photos 6 comments

Favorite Quote:
"No." -Rosa Parks

on Dec. 8 2010 at 9:58 pm
 music is my big ladder for getting over writer's block! watching movies, tv shows and even reading other books can kinda get me started on a good idea!

Emily555 BRONZE, Virginia, Minnesota
1 article 0 photos 20 comments

Favorite Quote:
Winners practice until they get it right. Champions practice until they can't get it wrong.

Emily555 BRONZE replied...
on Dec. 14 2010 at 7:35 pm
If you have "writers block" try writing/typing:

I have nothing to say.  I have nothing to say.  I have nothing to say.  I have nothing to say.  I have nothing to...etc., etc.

You'll finally get so frustrated that you will decide you minus well write something useful.

charmiypiggy, Melbourne, Other
0 articles 0 photos 116 comments

Favorite Quote:
You eat food for the enjoyment of it; the fact that it helps you stay alive is just a bonus.

charmiypiggy replied...
on Dec. 16 2010 at 9:09 am
I just think about things I'm interested in. This might sound a little weird, but I really love Blu-tack. So I started thinking about it and formulated a story in my head. In the end I wrote a series of five 250-word stories that had blu-tack in it. (My teacher wants me to learn to write short stories, so the limit for each was 250 words) I've posted the first in the series, and if you don't mind, could you give me some feedback on it...?

PenInHand GOLD, Fayetteville, North Carolina
12 articles 0 photos 63 comments

Favorite Quote:
" Kemps!"

PenInHand GOLD replied...
on Dec. 17 2010 at 7:38 am
It always helps me to listen to music. There's always a story in the words, so you can take that story, and alter it so that it relates to you.

Natalie4ya GOLD, Laredo, Texas
19 articles 0 photos 21 comments

Favorite Quote:
"To each his own" "Love is being stupid together"

Natalie4ya GOLD replied...
on Dec. 28 2010 at 8:56 pm
Writing is a proccces just like anything else. Its never easy but i think the best way to get over writers block is to just be consistant. Force yourself to write everyday no matter what even if you just don't feel like it.  A few sentenced can make a real diffrence when your consistant. =) Goodluck! <3