Trickery | Teen Ink

Trickery

April 5, 2014
By Anonymous

I'm all alone in this great big house, The only sound i hear is that of a mouse. It's cold, It's dark, the morning dew's askew, The sun starts to rise and make my day new.

The floor boards are chilled and creak under my feet, as I walk into the kitchen and take my favorite seat.I look around the room and I am filled with fear, as the morning shadows grow ever to near.

For a while I sit there helpless and dazed the i watch from a window the sun start the day.I get myself ready for the day ahead, Although I would rather be in my warm, fluffy bed.

Trickery is a game to, a single thought. Trickery is a game that I often play a lot. But not to others, oh no not so. To myself instead, but I am the only one who knows.

I trick myself into thinking i'm okay, I trick myself to pass the day away.But I cannot Hide the fact I am a little lonely, and at night I whisper to myself,"oh, if only"

I step outside in the towns musty air, the door behind me squeaks 'goodbye' as i fiddle with my hair. Then i look to the world and force a fake smile, alas i say," hello world, its been a while."

This is what I believe.
This is how I see.

When I believe that every thing is just fine, then i'll grasp the day and make it mine.


The author's comments:
I had to write a poem for my English class. this is one of the three that i wrote to decide which I should submit.