All Nonfiction Bullying Books Academic Author Interviews Celebrity interviews College Articles College Essays Educator of the Year Heroes Interviews Memoir Personal Experience Sports Travel & CultureAll Opinions Bullying Current Events / Politics Discrimination Drugs / Alcohol / Smoking Entertainment / Celebrities Environment Love / Relationships Movies / Music / TV Pop Culture / Trends School / College Social Issues / Civics Spirituality / Religion Sports / Hobbies
- Summer Guide
- College Guide
- Author Interviews
- Celebrity interviews
- College Articles
- College Essays
- Educator of the Year
- Personal Experience
- Travel & Culture
- Current Events / Politics
- Drugs / Alcohol / Smoking
- Entertainment / Celebrities
- Love / Relationships
- Movies / Music / TV
- Pop Culture / Trends
- School / College
- Social Issues / Civics
- Spirituality / Religion
- Sports / Hobbies
- Community Service
- Letters to the Editor
- Pride & Prejudice
- What Matters
UMass Amherst Summer Programs
UMass Amherst is a top research university located in the scenic Pioneer Valley. We offer courses in all kinds of topics with outstanding faculty. Our facilities are top notch, featuring award-winning dining, brand-new accommodations, and cutting edge facilities.
UMass Summer Students Benefit From:
- Faculty taught classes
- Diverse course offering representing current UMass research and academics
- Hands-on learning and research based course work
- Premium accommodations
- Award-winning dining services
- Exciting activities and trips
- A committed program staff to help students navigate social and academic college life
2018 Courses By Session:
|Research Intensive Lab Placements||July 1- August 11||1|
Bones Do Tell Tales: Forensic Anthropology and Bioarchaeology
|Black Lives Matter: Race and Policing in the United States||July 8-21||2|
|Equine Science||July 8-21||2|
|Genetics, Genomics & Evolution||July 8-21||2|
|How Business Works||July 8-21||2|
|Hydrology & Climate Change||July 8-21||2|
|Plant Biology: Researching Plant DNA for Tomorrow's Cures||July 8-21||2|
|Summer Transportation Institute||July 8-21||2|
|Sport Management and Leadership Academy||July 8-21||2|
|Summer Engineering Institute||July 8-21||2|
|Summer Design Academy||July 8-28||2|
|Investigating Genetic Engineering & GMOs||July 22-28||3|
|Music & Technology||July 22-28||3|
|Pre-Veterinary Medicine||July 22-28||3|
|Entrepreneurship: Becoming a Game-Changer||July 22-August 4||3|
|Engaging Communities||July 22-August 4||3|
|Human Health & Movement (Kinesiology)||July 22-August 4||3|
|Modern Astronomy||July 22-August 4||3|
|Sports Broadcasting||July 22-August 4||3|
|Summer Portraiture Intensive||July 22-August 4||3|
|Visualizing Cells in Cancer and Disease||July 22-August 4||3|
Q&A with UMass Summer Programs:
What type of teen attends your program?
- We accept applications from rising sophomores, juniors and seniors in high school
- Motivated high school students exploring college level academics
- Students considering UMass as an undergraduate program
- Local, regional, and international high school students interested in specific research, academic, and social opportunities UMass Summer Programs provides
Where do your participants come from?
Umass Summer Programs is happy to accept U.S. and international high school Sophmores, Juniors, and Seniors.
Our largest participating demographic is from New England, but a Summer Programs cohort is represented by national and international participation as well.
What should participants expect to learn or take away from your program?
- Students will develop an understanding of academic and social life at college and how to balance these aspects of higher education life.
- Participants will come away with a cohort composed of motivated peers and friends.
- Students will broaden their social perspective by living independently in a college setting
- Through close connection with faculty and motivated peers, participants will develop a deeper understanding of their academic field of interest academically and professionally.
What are past participants saying about your program?
"I had a great time at UMass. It was something new to me, and through it, my eyes were opened to all the possible decisions I could make when deciding my future. I learned new information, met new friends, had a real experience of college all in two wonderful weeks! This program made me like UMass a lot more than before and I'm starting to really consider going there for college. Thank you for accepting me into your program!"
"Fantastic experience from both academic and social perspectives. My daughter developed great new friendships while learning a great deal. She didn't want to come home!"