Twins Divided | Teen Ink

Twins Divided

To crane the neck was barely enough, to see the snowy hats of the giant twins. Two beautiful gray giants side by side of the same gray stone with the same snowy hats sat together, dominating the landscape. Together, that is, but divided. A royal blue river ran between the twin mountains at breakneck speed, salmon swimming within. Well, they weren't going against the current they were just resting in the spring runoff and letting the current take them. Beyond the twins was a huge waterfall, 60 feet(nobodies quite sure how salmon get up that but i digress), around the twins and river was a huge bright green smooth valley, and by the river, a few yards before the twins was a birch tree, and at the river's edge alongside the twins were bright flowers of yellow, white, and pink, all pastels, surrounded by lush green leaves and grass. Just don't peer over the edge of the waterfall, it's probably better not to know if there are sharp rocks and shallow water at the bottom because the salmon can still be assumed to be almost on their way to the ocean if you don't look.

do you think the salmon are ok?

on May. 5 at 1:09 pm
SparrowSun ELITE, X, Vermont

"It Will Be Good." (complicated semi-spiritual emotional story.)
And the words I say most often: "Where was I?"
"I just switched 50 things to anonymus and it doesnt even make a diff- why was i writing this again? where was i? hm.... oh well."

thanks!
lol it doesnt work out well for my characters often(like the salmon)

Lydiaq DIAMOND said...
on May. 5 at 12:30 pm
Lydiaq DIAMOND, Somonauk, Illinois

"A word is dead
When it is said
Some say.
I say
It just begins to live
That day."
--Emily Dickenson

I love how honest yer writing is, how it just written from yer heart and not to please some teacher or other, how you even add commments about writing while writing, how you know what you want to say and say it so simply and beautifully, and how vivid these descriptions are.