Marble or Flame? | Teen Ink

Marble or Flame?

Marble or flame? Or maybe chalk? The grand canyon was flame. The moat was a sea, a sea of flame, but it was stone. And a dull sort of flame, a vast sort of flame. A trench of flame. Grand was an understatement. Now, one, two, three let's jump. 6000 feet whir by, but we, fictional, are unharmed. Splash into the river, it's only 40 feet. We don't need to swim up, just float. We, fictional, have it easy. Now see the world at the bottom of the fire? Blue above us blue beneath us flame around us. The grand canyon was marble. Yellow layer, red layer, orange layer, overlapping and mixing and spinning and twisting. Like marble, it had sectors of color. Stripes and strips, chunks and veins. For certain, we rest at the bottom of two parallel paintings by the river, marble strings and stripes flowing between terracotta red white. The grand canyon was chalk. Swim back down and touch a rock. Feel that? Chalk. Pick it up and scratch it onto a yellow stripe, see the red trail left behind. Chalk. Perhaps if marble was made of chalk? Perhaps if marble was made of chalk and flame that would be the grand canyon. So, marble or flame?

you gotta chose. team marble or team flame? or are you gunna get original and camp out in team chalk? cuz marble isn't made of chalk and flame. the stats of 6000 ft and 40 ft are real btw. I'm on team flame for sure.

on Aug. 28 at 11:54 pm
SparrowSun ELITE, X, Vermont

"It Will Be Good." (complicated semi-spiritual emotional story.)
And the words I say most often: "Where was I?"
"I just switched 50 things to anonymus and it doesnt even make a diff- why was i writing this again? where was i? hm.... oh well."

yeah i was trying to recreate step into the dawn. didnt go well.
lol i can feel you straining for something good to say. i should really make some of my old stuff anon.

Lydiaq DIAMOND said...
on Aug. 28 at 9:30 am
Lydiaq DIAMOND, Somonauk, Illinois

"I'd rather be a forest than a street.
If I only could, I surely would.
I'd rather feel the earth beneath my feet."

I like how you said we were fictional and could not be harmed.