Snow on the branch(kinda weird) | Teen Ink

Snow on the branch(kinda weird)

a bough of dark green stood alone against a sheet of white, shining  by day. That night, unseen, the blanket spread. It had 2 inches of snow heavy laden on it's back. Each snowflake had a story, once. But no more, the weight crushed them into one, their story a blend, the ones story of how the individuals fell, softly, seemingly independent. Of how each snowflake found dropped upon it another light snowflake, adding up light load after small burden to crush the whole thing into one, absorbing every snowflake after it fell. It's story was of patience, a waiting game ending in solidity, only to get to heavy and slide off, than the green canvas would again be painted a heavy white, until spring when they would become one water to drip down like rain, pitter-patter on the mud, the mud that absorbed them like that block of snow, eventually to separate once more. Someday, probably, they would be united in the ocean. Meanwhile the eternally young pine bough hung forever suspended in its loneliness. 

on Jul. 11 at 12:16 pm
SparrowSun ELITE, X, Vermont

"It Will Be Good." (complicated semi-spiritual emotional story.)
And the words I say most often: "Where was I?"
"I just switched 50 things to anonymus and it doesnt even make a diff- why was i writing this again? where was i? hm.... oh well."

i figured out my soul sparrow recently. for a while I would have intense feelings of a sparrow trapped in my chest trying to break free and fly. thy stopped a ways ago and I realized that sparrow stopped because its finally flying in my writing.

Lydiaq DIAMOND said...
on Jun. 5 at 10:56 pm
Lydiaq DIAMOND, Somonauk, Illinois

"I'd rather be a forest than a street.
If I only could, I surely would.
I'd rather feel the earth beneath my feet."

I wrote a historical fiction kinda book, it's called Pecan Bush. I should probably include a trigger warning cause of all the bloodshed in it. Also because a character a minor one was named Sparrow (I did not know about Sparrowsun when I wrote this). I think I characterized Sparrow well but just warning you, dont freak out. The word sparrow shows up a lot in pop culture, in my opinion, and I think of you whenever I hear this nice song, El Canodr Pasa, that says I'd rather be a sparrow than a snail. ;)

Lydiaq DIAMOND said...
on Jun. 5 at 10:50 pm
Lydiaq DIAMOND, Somonauk, Illinois

"I'd rather be a forest than a street.
If I only could, I surely would.

Wow incredible last.sentence!