𝓢𝓮𝓽 𝓢𝓪𝓲𝓵(TW) | Teen Ink

𝓢𝓮𝓽 𝓢𝓪𝓲𝓵(TW)

By SparrowSun ELITE, X, Vermont
SparrowSun ELITE, X, Vermont

"It Will Be Good." (complicated semi-spiritual emotional story.)
And the words I say most often: "Where was I?"
"I just switched 50 things to anonymus and it doesnt even make a diff- why was i writing this again? where was i? hm.... oh well."

Lucy walked to the shore of the too tranquil cove. Something deep in her was worried, but she laughed it off. Mommy was fine. She saw her Mommy scream at her from the door. 

“Run, Lucy! Run to Neverland!” Before that, she and Mommy had agreed to call this place Neverland. It was a code word, Mommy said. She didn't know what that meant but it sounded cool. Her Mommy pushed her out as big scary people came into their house. Mommy had screamed through the open door. Lucy waited, confused, for Mommy to take her. Then Mommy got pulled away and the door slammed. So she walked to the cove.

There waited the boat. It had food in it, enough for her and Mommy for a while. She climbed in and waited. Mommy said Neverland meant to leave in the boat. But she couldn't leave without Mommy. But somehow she knew Mommy wouldn't come.

She didn't know how to use a boat, but she pushed off a heavy rope like Mommy showed her and the boat started floating away. She was scared. She looked up and the dawn sky as the night fell away and watched a shooting star. It was her 6th birthday, so it would be an extra-powerful wish.

“I wish…” she didn't need to wish for Mommy. Mommy was coming. “... to get to Neverland and become a fairy,” Mommy said she wouldn't actually go to Neverland, but Lucy knew she was lying. She was going to Neverland!

aw...

there's something so magical about these words. i don't know if you can see it, but on the doc just glancing at the black characters, even without the picture, it was just so magical in a rare way, even for words.

on Jul. 16 at 12:46 pm
SparrowSun ELITE, X, Vermont

i like the word "corgi." and the words, "harry potter." and the words, "rider, fjord, onyx, eclipse, krystin, and April." no... i didn't just name off my pets... you cant prove it!

Lydiaq ELITE said...
on Jul. 15 at 10:29 pm
Lydiaq ELITE, Somonauk, Illinois

"A word is dead
When it is said
Some say.
I say
It just begins to live
That day."
--Emily Dickenson

When I was younger, my magic word was "go."