Missed Calls and Memories to Make | Teen Ink

Missed Calls and Memories to Make

By Cameandgonesmarty ELITE, North Vancouver, Other
Cameandgonesmarty ELITE, North Vancouver, Other

"One day, your life will flash before your eyes; make sure it's worth watching."

Sometimes, I wake up in the mornings with the hope that I've missed a call from you, or a text, saying that you want to spend the day with me. You'd say that we could go anywhere, no limits or restrictions, no strings attached. We could do whatever I liked.
We could walk to the park, hand in hand, and lie down in the grass, the dandelions kissing our faces while the sun burns our skin. We could camp out somewhere at night, and sing songs and dance to the guitar by the firelight, the smoke and ashes imprinting their smell into our clothes and hair to the point where we can barely stand keeping them on any longer, and have to fight the urge to take it all off as we burn marsh mellows in a sad attempt to roast them. Later, we could sit by the pond in the darkness, the only light coming from the moon above us, and gaze at the stars with my head on your shoulder, keeping each other close for heat and comfort.
We could drive away together someday, and find a sunset somewhere, down by the beaches in California where it's always hot and you can feel passion around you. We could sit in the sand by the water, and you could run your fingers through my hair, stealing a kiss, sneaking a peek at me as I fall asleep in the sun. We could push each other on the swing sets and chase each other like little kids, leaving out footsteps in the California sand.
And when we're done? We can find something else to do together. We can drive back home and stop at the drive-thru for chicken strips and burgers, and sleep together in the back of the car, and when we get home and return to our own, separate beds for the night, thinking about our wonderful day together as we like awake, I'll be waiting for the morning sun to rise, just so I can hope I have another missed call or text from you.