Beside You | Teen Ink

Beside You

By Cameandgonesmarty ELITE, North Vancouver, Other
Cameandgonesmarty ELITE, North Vancouver, Other

"One day, your life will flash before your eyes; make sure it's worth watching."

Tonight, I just want to sleep beside you - not do anything, but just sleep. I'm lying here, alone in my bed at 12:30 AM, holding my pillow and wishing it was you. I want to feel your warmth beside me, and to put my head on your chest, listening to your heartbeat and heavy, shallow breathing as I watch your chest rise and fall. I want to wrap my arms around you and pull you near and kiss your neck softly and sweetly, and maybe if I get too comfortable, I might actually drift off to sleep in your embrace.
I want to wake up in the morning to the sun light shining through my window and onto your face, lighting up your blue eyes that I'd stare into endlessly as you caress my face and kiss my hair. We'd stay in bed all day, not wanting to let go of one another. Maybe we'd build a tent or a fort with my blankets and pillows, and hide inside together, reading books and watching movies on my laptop, curled between the sheets until the sky went dark, and we felt like falling asleep. Maybe, just maybe when the stars came out in the night sky, I could sleep beside you again, and we could relive it once more.