Happy Pain | Teen Ink

Happy Pain

By Cameandgonesmarty ELITE, North Vancouver, Other
Cameandgonesmarty ELITE, North Vancouver, Other

"One day, your life will flash before your eyes; make sure it's worth watching."

Loving you is like diving into a hot tub with thighs burnt from the blazing sun. The wounds sear with pain, but the hurt heals them, all the same - a happy pain. The water seeps into my skin and burns me to the point that I can feel the sting deep within me, filling my entire body with a sensation that leaves me both filled with jolts of electricity running through my veins, as well as a constant numbness. When you're not there with me, you're too far, and yet you're always present in my thoughts, and when you are with me, I'm always finding myself wishing you would just come closer, and move your body next to mine. Soak me, until my body is fully covered by you, every inch. Drench me until all my wounds, laid open for you to see so vulnerably, are taking in that warmth which heals them, slowly but surely, from when they used to cause me agony. You make me hurt of joy, and make my heart flutter as it lets you in and fills with searing hurt, and you heal my open wounds. Loving you is this: my happy pain.