Return Sail | Teen Ink

Return Sail

By SparrowSun ELITE, X, Vermont
SparrowSun ELITE, X, Vermont

"It Will Be Good." (complicated semi-spiritual emotional story.)
And the words I say most often: "Where was I?"
"I just switched 50 things to anonymus and it doesnt even make a diff- why was i writing this again? where was i? hm.... oh well."

Lucy walked out to the shore she liked to watch when she was afraid. She had a piece of driftwood she had found as a child. A piece of a boat. She took it out and stared at it. This was a piece of how she got here. 10 years ago.

She thought her parents raised her, she didn't know she was adopted. She didn't know she was from that awful place. But now that she knew, on the tenth anniversary of when she was found, the memories flooded back. She thought she was heading to a happy place, a magic place.

She thought she would die at sea. But she landed on shore of a free place and her parents found her. They understood enough. They destroyed the boat she came on, so there was no proof. But she found a piece on the shore she landed on within a week.

This piece of driftwood was her world. And her origin.

She understood the truth now. Her mommy was killed. She would have been too. She was alive now, and strong now. She had to know the truth. So sudden… but she was going to find out the truth. Understand why. Destroy them. She was 16, but she was strong enough. 

She was going to be a fairy. Her wish would come true. She would become a ferry of death. This was her past and her destiny. She didn't tell her parents, she was ready now. She climbed in another flimsy rowboat and set sail again. Above her a star shot.

She didn't make a wish.

if you haven't read set sail, an equally short story of mine, this will make no sense. 

on Jul. 24 at 11:18 am
SparrowSun ELITE, X, Vermont

thanks
the firs one is kinda magical because its from the pov of an innocent child. she just saw her mom get dragged away(either killed or imprisoned, its unclear), but shes certain its fine and shes going to become a fairy in neverland.

on Jul. 24 at 2:50 am
DesdemoniaDee BRONZE, Wördern, Other

"The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown" H.P. Lovecraft
"All the world is a stage. And all the men and women merely players. They have their exits and their entrances and one man in his time plays many parts." William Shakespeare

Ok sorry, just forget what I just said. I did not read the author's comment:). It makes sense.

on Jul. 24 at 2:44 am
DesdemoniaDee BRONZE, Wördern, Other

I really like the atmosphere you have created throughout the story, although I thought it would be good to elaborate a bit more, especially upon the last paragraph. The mention with the fairy and the ferry of death was somewhat out of place and not really understandable,but it would fit in better if you would maybe explain a bit more on the subject. On the whole I quite liked the story.