My Highschool is Forcing Students to be exposed to Pornoghraphy | Teen Ink

My Highschool is Forcing Students to be exposed to Pornoghraphy

By SparrowSun ELITE, X, Vermont
SparrowSun ELITE, X, Vermont

"It Will Be Good." (complicated semi-spiritual emotional story.)
And the words I say most often: "Where was I?"
"I just switched 50 things to anonymus and it doesnt even make a diff- why was i writing this again? where was i? hm.... oh well."

My name is D. and I go to High School in Vermont. My highschool is forcfully exposing me to pornoghraphy, specificly nude people, in the hallway that goes to most of my classes. One of the naked women has a nazi style armband with the female symbol, which could be found offensevive to men. 

The teachers tried to segregate me and told me to either home school or go outside to avoid the hall. I really like my classes and I want to be there. It's hardly different than telling a person of color to avoid racist paintings by walking outside or home schooling. We offered to replace it with art that promotes diversity or an equally good thing to encourage, but they refused. My parents tried to get it taken down multiple ways, but the school repeatedly refused, most recently forcing my mom to contact the governer. We filed a harrasment complaint and instead of sending it where it legally has to go, the superintendant, John Castle, simply consulted the school lawyer and then ignored it.

The Attorney General's Office said that if I were an employee they could help me. But because I'm a student I don't have as many rights as an adult, which is age discrimination. Teenagers should have our rights recognized just as well as adults, but because I'm 14 not 30 I'm being ignored.

I refuse to be exposed to it any more. Tomorrow I'm going to protest the "art", by refusing to walk down the hall with it, and I'll film it and put it on youtube. I don't know what will happen, but the channel name will be NCUHS Student Voice, if you're curious.  If you have any thoughts on how to help please say in the comments, and try to have your voice and not just your teachers' and parents' voices heard against wrongs in your school. Maybe if we make enough noise about this they'll take it down.

on Jul. 11 at 12:08 pm
SparrowSun ELITE, X, Vermont

i think its duct tape.

Lydiaq DIAMOND said...
on May. 29 at 10:07 pm
Lydiaq DIAMOND, Somonauk, Illinois

"I'd rather be a forest than a street.
If I only could, I surely would.
I'd rather feel the earth beneath my feet."

The girl in the picture has a crazy mouth

on May. 28 at 9:38 pm
SparrowSun ELITE, X, Vermont

im sure biden is busy being awesome
and yes, I'm glad somebody agrees.
it'll be down next school year. it will save so much walking! i cant belive it was allowed up in the first place.

WolfGurl GOLD said...
on May. 24 at 10:26 am
WolfGurl GOLD, Classified, Indiana

Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened. –Anatole France.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. –Josh Billings

Men are from Earth, women are from Earth. Deal with it.- George Carlin

A nation that destroys its soils destroys itself. Forests are the lungs of our land, purifying the air and giving fresh strength to our people. —Franklin D. Roosevelt

Never lose. Either win, or learn. - Me

That's...
wrong

on May. 14 at 7:54 pm
Violet18 SILVER, Houston, Texas

"Sometimes there is a fire that burns within. Unable to be put out, it brings sadness and tears, but those tears are what is able to put the fire out"

Honestly, Just write to the president.

on Apr. 16 at 10:10 pm
SparrowSun ELITE, X, Vermont

im not very socail, but one girl is cool with it(i kinda cant stand her even tho i shouldlove everyone. shes going to drop out and supports communism), a diffrent girl agrees with me, tho not enought to do anything about it. i finally snapped and sent an angry email about how it triggers me and that matters more than their defensive nonsense. id have sent it sooner but talking about being triggered in thatway was triggering in itself.

Lydiaq DIAMOND said...
on Apr. 16 at 9:57 pm
Lydiaq DIAMOND, Somonauk, Illinois

"I'd rather be a forest than a street.
If I only could, I surely would.

What do your fellow students think about this problem?