Jealousy | Teen Ink

Jealousy

By Cameandgonesmarty ELITE, North Vancouver, Other
Cameandgonesmarty ELITE, North Vancouver, Other

"One day, your life will flash before your eyes; make sure it's worth watching."

I'm so jealous of the blankets that tickle his toes in the mornings, and the drops of water from the shower that run down his skin every morning, drenching every strand of his hair. I envy the clothes that wrap him up all day, lingering on his body for hours on end. There's no way to describe how badly I wish I was his daily cup of coffee before school, who gets to kiss his big, sleepy lips awake, or the brownies that live on his taste-buds, dancing on his tongue. I wish I was the hair-gel that held his locks in place, stroked carefully between each strand. A part of me longs to be his backpack, the one he carries with him wherever he goes, hugging his shoulders and draped around him like I wish my arms always were. I'm jealous of the bed he sleeps in every night, the one that holds him when he's the most vulnerable and serene; but most of all, those blankets that are still wrapped around him in the morning after his dreaming is through.

Keio1717 said...
I really enjoyed reading your story. Your story has very unipue point of view but also very understandable for someone feeling jerous. I clearly could feel how much the hero love the person because you used many situation that the hero feels jerous in the dairly life.  

Keio said...
Your story was very funny. It sounded creepy but, I think that makes a big impact. I could imagine the girl is in crush with the boy. I never felt that way, but maybe there are some creepy people who feel jealous against the person's things. I liked the personification you gave against the things. I would like to say good luck to the girl!