I Wish You Were Here | Teen Ink

I Wish You Were Here

By Cameandgonesmarty ELITE, North Vancouver, Other
Cameandgonesmarty ELITE, North Vancouver, Other

"One day, your life will flash before your eyes; make sure it's worth watching."

I wish you were here. I wish you were sitting next to me by the pool, soaking up the sunlight, reading books while we rubbed sunblock on each other's backs. I wish you were here, biking with me through trails, all through the forests, feeling the breeze against our faces, the wind blowing through our hair, free and wild. I wish you were holding my hand as we walked through this village, making the people on the streets jealous of our love for each other, and everything around us. I wish you were here so that we could stay in and cook together, and eat lunch in the balcony, looking out at the mountains in the near distance. At night, as I'm falling asleep on the couch, listening to the squeaking of the metal beneath me, I'll be wishing you were here with me, lying side by side, skin to skin, flesh to flesh, fingertips knit together, in a warm embrace so close to each other that your sweat would fall against my body, and I could feel your heartbeat pounding through my own chest as your cinnamon smell invades all my senses, and reminds me of all the reasons why I was wishing you could be here with me.

Written in Whistler, BC