Dreams and Somedays | Teen Ink

Dreams and Somedays

By SparrowSun ELITE, X, Vermont
SparrowSun ELITE, X, Vermont

"It Will Be Good." (complicated semi-spiritual emotional story.)
And the words I say most often: "Where was I?"
"I just switched 50 things to anonymus and it doesnt even make a diff- why was i writing this again? where was i? hm.... oh well."

Dreams are what make us who we are. But mine is a curse. My dream lies in my affliction, in the someday. The someday that consumes me when I am at my lowest, saddest. The someday that lies to me and poisons my thought and pushes me for nothing when I have nothing left.

The someday is what I cling to. It destroys me. I hate it, I love it, I fear it. But ultimately, there's nothing I can do. I can't rid myself of it. I can't accept it. Maybe if I were to be free of it, I would fade away into nothingness. It's become my identity. 

If my dreams are in someday, I hate them. If dreams make us who we are, then I am nothing. I’m a shell. Worst, I guess I've accepted that. I don't believe in the dreams, or hope, or someday. All I can believe is never. But maybe someday...

Of course I believe in God. this is speaking in relativity.

I'm sorry to say this is true. and about me. sorta like 'the dance' if it were real. 

maybe someday this wont be true...

on Aug. 13 at 8:20 pm
SparrowSun ELITE, X, Vermont

yeah, i just have so many plans and dreams and stuff and i feel stuck. im so sad and lonly where i am, and i keep promising myself. someday ill be happy,m someday iplll have friends(irl), someday someday someday. it feels like a lie now. s0o broken. i hate it, but i cant escape it. its my promise, my addiction, my enemy, my love. litrally everything in m poem called addiction.

Lydiaq DIAMOND said...
on Aug. 6 at 2:37 pm
Lydiaq DIAMOND, Somonauk, Illinois

"I'd rather be a forest than a street.
If I only could, I surely would.
I'd rather feel the earth beneath my feet."

Even the best of us feel this way. And when we are morbidly introspective on dark nights alone in bed, yes, it does seem kinda true.

LKQgirl GOLD said...
on Aug. 6 at 2:30 pm
LKQgirl GOLD, Somonauk, Illinois

MUH HAH HAH HAH!

(whatever it is, you can tell about it and I can try to help if that's ok with you.)

LKQgirl GOLD said...
on Aug. 6 at 2:24 pm
LKQgirl GOLD, Somonauk, Illinois

MUH HAH HAH HAH!

I saw you posted this exact same piece in a comment once. We are all concerned about you dwelling in this darkness of thoughts, and we aren't exactly sure what you mean.