In My Life of Birds | Teen Ink

In My Life of Birds

By Lydiaq PLATINUM, Somonauk, Illinois
Lydiaq PLATINUM, Somonauk, Illinois

Normal people don't know what they're missing.

Summary:

When she is fourteen, Pepper's doting grandmother, who wants her to be an English dutchess and a teacher, enrolls her in a rigorous boarding school called Normal Prep Academy in Flamingo, California. Agnsty teen Pepper tries to act cheerful, but finds herself in trouble with the school right away. She meets and befriends the Fearful Foursome: Bird, Beanie, and Freon.

The town of Flamingo is full of strangers and strangeness. Pepper stalks out and spies on two freakish old women, Mrs. Waffle and Mrs. Key. She and Freon explore an abandoned hotel and get kidnapped by a mysterious bum who hides out there. Her foolishness will catch up with her--but Pepper doesn't know how many disasters it will take her, how many hard lessons will be forced down her throat, until she becomes a worthy and grownup woman.

Lydiaq

In My Life of Birds

on May. 1 at 12:41 pm
SparrowSun ELITE, X, Vermont

It Will Be Good.

that was cool
my pen name and almost everything else is sparrow because I literally feel like I have a sparrow in my soul or on my heart. its really weird but kinda cool. i generally keep that information to myself, when I told firststeps she wouldn't speak to me for a week, but there were other factors at play. anyhow, on my wall I have a flock of sparrows, one in a mural and some others painted on wood or paper and other stuff. i love sparrows. i also had a real sparrow in my room for about a week but I felt to guilty and let her go. i named her hazel.

on May. 1 at 12:28 pm
SparrowSun ELITE, X, Vermont

It Will Be Good.

maybe she and beanie would work better, tho that would make her feel way to guilty

on May. 1 at 12:17 pm
SparrowSun ELITE, X, Vermont

It Will Be Good.

poor bird...

on May. 1 at 12:01 pm
SparrowSun ELITE, X, Vermont

It Will Be Good.

ickkk he was nasty

on May. 1 at 11:27 am
SparrowSun ELITE, X, Vermont

It Will Be Good.

you can just casually trade boyfriends? what would freon have thought? is that how dating works? i haven't a clue.

on May. 1 at 11:11 am
SparrowSun ELITE, X, Vermont

It Will Be Good.

at first pepper reminded me of 2 of my characters, jay(who didn't work out because she was part of a book about racism and I couldn't write it) and Rachel(who fixed an identity crisis and changed her name). only read the first chapter ill comment more when I read more.