To Autistics | Teen Ink

To Autistics

By SparrowSun ELITE, X, Vermont
SparrowSun ELITE, X, Vermont

"It Will Be Good." (complicated semi-spiritual emotional story.)
And the words I say most often: "Where was I?"
"I just switched 50 things to anonymus and it doesnt even make a diff- why was i writing this again? where was i? hm.... oh well."

I'm autistic. it's part of who i am, although i am high functioning. i honestly don't think much about it, aside from without it I may not be a writer, and that's a huge part of who I am. but I was watching a video recently and in part of it someone was talking about how their autism affected them, so I just wanted to say something about it. this is, of course, only my opinion.

the person in the video said that it was awful, and even tho she was high functioning it really negatively affected her. but I don't feel that way. I think that's because of how I view my autism. It's a strength to me, and it's who I am. and if you're autistic, then good for you.

if you hate feeling different, well you aren't. you're special, and good for you. and if people judge you for it, then that's their problem. though that does bring up something else I would like to say, to people who are... normal, I guess. i don't just mean about people with autism, but anyone whos mental state is different. 

the only recurring issue I ever get with my autism is a strange amount of cyberbullying. i don't know why, I do know I never hurt them. recently I was playing online chess(and failing miserably), and everyone else started ganging up on me and cyberbullying(it was kinda funny. they were doing everything they could to irritate me, so the harder they tried the sweeter and happier I got, just because it was hilarious how angry they got). that's just an example off the top of my head. so firstly, that isn't ok. at all. i don't know how else to put this to better get the point across, but that is never ok. just because it didn't bother me, doesn't mean it wasn't cyberbullying. people commit suicide over that. 

anyway, that's all. it sounded better in my head, but hey, its from the heart and I mean it all, including the stuff I edited out. basically, if you have a mental "issue" you're special, and don't let 'normal' people judge you for it. maybe their just jealous.

on Jul. 30 at 9:19 am
SparrowSun ELITE, X, Vermont

r u?

on Jul. 5 at 11:28 am
bookmage SILVER, Montreal, Quebec

"Nobody said it had to be a story with an ending all neatly tied up like some ridiculous fairytale. This story's true, and true stories don't have endings, because things just keep going."
-Kate Milford

THANK YOU. Somebody has said it. Finally.

on May. 29 at 6:44 pm
SparrowSun ELITE, X, Vermont

i think ill start praying for him

Lydiaq ELITE said...
on May. 29 at 6:00 pm
Lydiaq ELITE, Somonauk, Illinois

"A word is dead
When it is said
Some say.
I say
It just begins to live
That day."
--Emily Dickenson

I believe I probably got aspergers syndrome which is a form of autism but it just makes me do.weird things in private and hurts no one-not like my brother who can't talk and who runs away.