Everyone Needs Someone Like You | Teen Ink

Everyone Needs Someone Like You

By Cameandgonesmarty ELITE, North Vancouver, Other
Cameandgonesmarty ELITE, North Vancouver, Other

"One day, your life will flash before your eyes; make sure it's worth watching."

I used to think liking someone was supposed to be hard. I thought that if you weren't in pain, it meant you didn't care enough, and the feelings weren't real.
Then, I met you, and you made me laugh without trying, and your smile gave me butterflies, and the mere sight of you sent my mind into wild daydreams. Your smirks and abundance of little kindnesses made me believe in everything I always thought to be wrong, and I realized, everybody deserves somebody who makes them look forward to tomorrow. Everyone needs someone that makes them feel so incredibly happy that they they didn't think it was possible to feel so glad all the time.
I know now that when you care about someone, if it's going to be healthy and work, there is no point to feeling pain and hurt all the time. Loving someone is when their happiness makes you smile wider than when you're happy yourself, but not at the cost of your own pleasure. Loving someone should make you realize how great it is to live each day, and appreciate all that is to come with them by your side. That is what you have taught me; everyone needs to know someone like you.