Happiness: Your Undoing | Teen Ink

Happiness: Your Undoing

By Cameandgonesmarty ELITE, North Vancouver, Other
Cameandgonesmarty ELITE, North Vancouver, Other

"One day, your life will flash before your eyes; make sure it's worth watching."

How can your best decisions also be your worst?
How can your happiness be your undoing?
How can you dream of a life of success and yet pray that time stops moving?
Can you wish for a change, but hope for the same outcomes as you already see?
Can you have a whole new perspective on life, and still call yourself “me?”
We’re all prisoners in our own, personal Hells, and have an inner struggle of breaking free,
But if the consequence of getting caught is death of hope, Heaven’s Gates are a destination we will never see.
How can my wishes and dreams one day come true?
How come my hopes are my undoing?
How can my best decisions also be my worst?
How can I stop time from moving?
How can your best decisions make you want to cry?
How can you start with a sweet hello and end up with a torturous goodbye?
Can’t we stay this way forever?
Unchanging, innocent, and true
Can all of life, my fate and destiny, pause, so that I never lose you?

Thank you so much! Glad to know I'm not the only one who feels like this :)  

SaphiraBrightscales DIAMOND, Islamabad, Other

I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.
- Maya Angelou
When i was little/I used to point a chubby finger toward the dark sky/And ask my father/why some stars moved and others didn’t/He would laugh and explain that some were airplanes/I still wish on them today ~ Laugh-It-Out
The feathers of a crow are black/The ink of my pen is blacker/The pain of my heart is blackest~ Mckay
If love produced a blossom/I’d take it in my palm/What a blessing, the bright color!/How soothing, such a balm!/I’d keep a petal for my own/The rest, drop from my hands/For such a flower would multiply/And populate the lands~ thesilentraven
And I began to rival legends/Long entombed before my birth./But for all my much envied fame/The lust for more would not abate./The plaques and prizes with my name/Will, like all things, disintegrate. ~ TheEpic95 now known as Helena_Noel

*every "line"  :)

- Maya Angelou

This was amazing. I read it and agreed with every. COuld absolutely feel this poem,.....you know what I mean. Loved it. On the whole good job on this piece! :D