All Nonfiction Bullying Books Academic Author Interviews Celebrity interviews College Articles College Essays Educator of the Year Heroes Interviews Memoir Personal Experience Sports Travel & CultureAll Opinions Bullying Current Events / Politics Discrimination Drugs / Alcohol / Smoking Entertainment / Celebrities Environment Love / Relationships Movies / Music / TV Pop Culture / Trends School / College Social Issues / Civics Spirituality / Religion Sports / Hobbies
- Summer Guide
- College Guide
- Author Interviews
- Celebrity interviews
- College Articles
- College Essays
- Educator of the Year
- Personal Experience
- Travel & Culture
- Current Events / Politics
- Drugs / Alcohol / Smoking
- Entertainment / Celebrities
- Love / Relationships
- Movies / Music / TV
- Pop Culture / Trends
- School / College
- Social Issues / Civics
- Spirituality / Religion
- Sports / Hobbies
- Community Service
- Letters to the Editor
- Pride & Prejudice
- What Matters
Sometimes it just feels like
me and my backpack against the world
man vs. man
me vs. men
at least they make it sound like that
1. but others don't think of me as a man
2. I fight against my fathers rules
3. I disrespect the teachers sometimes
we fight hard battles
*and I am brutally against the world
man vs. society
me vs. the world
as far as I can tell, it is like that
4. the world cruelly judges
even the slightly overwieght
and then calles skinny people grotesque
the world has to much "YOLO swag"
and not enough I still care
I am left to battle the worlds affirmation
of my already existing internal struggles and pains
*I am, again, pitted against the world
man vs. self
me vs. I
it seems that way methinks, and I agrees
6. Sometimes I kill myself inside, we all do
I mess up once, and slay my pride
I try to save it with arrogance
and watch it die in shame
then resurrect it with a good long talk
7. just in time to look completely idiotic again
*I am soundly, internally, against the world
man vs. nature
me vs. what?
Nature?, me?, conflict?, never!
nature is king is nature.
I could be alive one minute
and dead the next.
nothing that is natural is my enemy
but only my friend
I allow fate, and nature, to be my god
others will worship man-made abominations
I worship fate!
*I am faithfully against the world on that
man vs. self, nature, man, society. bah!
I live to live, and be found unafraid
1. others don't think of me as a man
2. I fight against my father's rules
3. sometimes I disrespect my teachers
4. the world says to be one "this or that"
5. I battle the world's judgement, and mine
6. I punish myself internally
7. I reapeatedly prove myself a fool
*I am brutally, pitted, soundly, internally,
faithfully, against the world.
Yet I am strong!