Haiku 2021 Contest: Homecoming Outfit | Teen Ink

Haiku 2021 Contest: Homecoming Outfit

By Rsnail-925 PLATINUM, Boulder, Colorado
Rsnail-925 PLATINUM, Boulder, Colorado

A story has as many versions as it has readers - Winter Of Our Discontent

Why do you want me 

To wear a dress or a skirt 

Just leave me alone 

Honest, Raw, Simple. 

That's what this haiku is. 

on Sep. 25 at 6:55 pm
Rsnail-925 PLATINUM, Boulder, Colorado

Oh my gosh, congratulations!

Lydiaq ELITE said...
on Sep. 25 at 10:41 am
Lydiaq ELITE, Somonauk, Illinois

Disappointed. I must let the disappointment pass. I will laugh and cry again. I will be kind. But missed kindness is a moment that doesn’t come back again. So be kind. That’s the only meaning of life, to love childishly, wildly, madly, and uncontrollably. You have nothing in this life. Just love crayons and wordy novels. Just love it all and love the bitter grass and love the roadside and the beer cans. Love passionately, everything and with all your heart and with no priorities, no agendas. Love freakishly and obsessively. Love, because you can’t love your way out of the lunatic asylum, but it makes it more fun to be a lunatic.
--Me

I'll be graduated next year...yikes.

on Sep. 25 at 12:13 am
Rsnail-925 PLATINUM, Boulder, Colorado

Oh man, I'm so sorry. I know, one of my friends wanted to come to my homecoming but couldn't because of Covid. I hope you can next year Lydiaq!

Lydiaq ELITE said...
on Sep. 24 at 6:52 pm
Lydiaq ELITE, Somonauk, Illinois

--Me

I was invited to a homecoming even though I am a homeschooler, but the next time I asked the inviter about it, she said I'd passed the registration and I couldn't come. So I'll be stuck at home the same as all other years. I actually thought I was going to do something normal.

on Sep. 19 at 12:59 am
Rsnail-925 PLATINUM, Boulder, Colorado

Your comment has a ton of emotion and clarity SparrowSun, cool. And same, I had a picture day awhile back and I wore a dress, still not sure why I did that, guess I was naive.

on Sep. 16 at 9:38 pm
SparrowSun ELITE, X, Vermont

"It Will Be Good." (complicated semi-spiritual emotional story.)

"Upon his bench the pieces lay
As if an artwork on display
Of gears and hands
And wire-thin bands
That glisten in dim candle play." -Janice T., Clockwork[love that poem, dont know why, im not steampunk]

ugh im wearing a dress bc today was picture day. not sure why. and i had gym. ughhhhhh i hate dresses! but also i dont, i was just raised by a tomboy who wanted to be a native american and is now a farmer. mom really hates dresses. and makeup. and the literal color pink.

on Sep. 16 at 4:18 pm
Rsnail-925 PLATINUM, Boulder, Colorado

Thank you! I really appreciate it.

Lydiaq ELITE said...
on Sep. 16 at 2:04 pm
Lydiaq ELITE, Somonauk, Illinois

--Me

I like this!!