Never Understimate a Girl | Teen Ink

Never Understimate a Girl

By amanda727 PLATINUM, Salt Lake City, Utah
amanda727 PLATINUM, Salt Lake City, Utah

Don't let anybody tell you who you are; don't let anyone tell you that you don't deserve what you're willing to work for.
Never give up; you\'ll never know how far you could go until you try to get to where you want to go.

You're sittin' over there
talkin' like you're better than me
like you've got a right, more skill in everything
like it's destined in some prophecy
But let me tell you something
something one day you'll see
one day you'll figure out, what the world is all about
you'll step back to re-evaluate me
re-think your priorities

CHORUS: Never underestimate a girl
cause' one day she will become your world
she understands,she wears the pants
she knows your thoughts with one glance

Never underestimate a girl
cause' one day you'll be on her pay roll
can control you with her finger,
so don't dare too long to linger,
cause' you know she's in control
never underestimate a girl

Go ahead and drop your mouth
you know what I'm talkin' about
guess one day you'll see
Beauty tamed the Beast
Ariel left the sea
we're stronger than you think

CHORUS

Never underestimate a girl
no, never underestimate a girl

DON'T UNDERESTIMATE A GIRL... I know some guys think they are tougher or more skilled but... us girls stick together and we're strong and we're quick thinking... so we'll take your world by surprise....

Nelly_Nell GOLD, Bakersfield, California

'' For every dark night there is an even brighter day"

-Tupac Shukar

how did they have crappy behavior? All they did was fall inlove. 

Shade3043 DIAMOND, Shade3043 Did This, In Case Of Anonymous, Other

When I was a boy, I would always hear scary things in the news and my mother would say to me, "Always look for the helpers. Everywhere you look you will always find people helping." - Fred Rogers

So no one is above any one else, yet this person is pathetic? Logic. Use it.

Reguardless for who fell for who first, both Eric and Ariel had just met each other and decided it was meant to be. They both had crappy behavior, and still, Ariel leaving the sea had nothing to do with the fact that she was a female, as this poem implies. 

-Tupac Shukar

eric and ariel fell for each other at the same time and the beast still  fell for bell first 

I'm pretty certain that Ariel saved Eric's life, and then fell in love with a person he never met. As for Belle, she got with the person that imprioned her father, and then freed him, only to imprison her.

-Tupac Shukar

Umm actually ariel and eric fell for ech other at the same time the beast fell for bell first thats why he had set her free and thats what made her fall for him..

Psst. Ariel left the sea and sold her soul to be with a MAN. Belle got with Beast (or Adam) because SHE fell for HIM. Not because HE fell for HER. Do your homework next time. Jeez. -_-

racha BRONZE said...
racha BRONZE, Bejaia, Other

"Le bonheur est quelque chose qui se multiplie quand il se divise".Paulo Coelho
which means:Happiness is something that multiplies when it is divided by Paulo Coelho

Not bad!!!5 stars out of 5

JadeKae SILVER said...
JadeKae SILVER, Jonesville, Michigan

Live Your Dreams

ok really? the fact that you think men are above women makes you extremely pathetic. NO ONE is or ever will be above anyone else.

A.M.Geyer PLATINUM, Alverton, Pennsylvania

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder

look, if u don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all.

leuxielovely said...
leuxielovely, Dayton, Oregon

For we are not fighting against flesh-and-blood enemies, but against evil rulers and authorities of the unseen world, against mighty powers in this dark world, and against evil spirits in the heavenly places. (Ephesians 6:12 NLT)

In a way it sounds like many songs i've heard, even though it is good i feel it lacks originality.

monkeyluvs2write GOLD, Falls Church, Virginia

“What man calls civilization always results in deserts. Man is never on the square – he uses up the fat and greenery of the earth. Each generation wastes a little more of the future with greed and lust for riches.” -- Don Marquis

Whenever I read SOng lyrics, I look for something that signifies that it is good, and your poem has it. WHen I read this in my head, I can easily imagine the music and the beat to which this could be sung. Personally I hear this as a rap song with the chorus sung with a high, but no to high voice. Kind of like Monster by rhianna.

Jenny000 BRONZE, Perrysburg, Ohio

“To see the world, things dangerous to come to, to see behind walls, draw closer,to find each other and to feel. That is the purpose of life."

Really wanna hear this to music :) I really like the last stanza about the Disney characters

JosiSunny GOLD said...
JosiSunny GOLD, Lehi, Utah

"We're all a little weird, and life's a little weird. And when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall into mutual weirdness and call it LOVE."
-Dr. Seuss

That is genius

Xandi said...
Xandi, Mckinney, Texas

"Cinderella never asked for a prince. She asked for a night off and a dress." -Kiera Cass

Yeah! Never underestimate women!

MeggieMills SILVER, Baltimore, Maryland

I write...so therefor I am a Writer.

oooh I loved this! I am against all sexist males who think they rule and women cant- But they really shouldnt underestimate us. Girl power rules!!!

Countrygirl565 GOLD, Plymouth, Indiana

I never knew what love meant, until I met you.

I really like this it is sooo true!  Keep writing! :)Most people are so closed off to the way us girls work and we definetely know what we are talking about.

AmberNAE18 SILVER, Prosperity, South Carolina

People were created to be loved. Things were created to be used. The reason the world is in chaos is because things are being loved and people are being used. By: Anonymous

This is amazing!!! I really love it! Keep up the good work.

MichealMulkey SILVER, Easley, South Carolina

"The thing about music is that, when it hits you, you feel no pain"
-Bob Marley

The song "girls" -beyonce??

-Bob Marley

I believe this was either writing out of free time or complete self pitty of a past experience. When writing with emotion, you must use a topic that will set a fire through most readers, while reaching out to females, males are catching the butt-end of the deal with the understanding of this text. (or song) Males, that have any understanding, serve theyre place as dominacy in any animal kingdom based and religiously based research. When you look into the fact that women used to have hardly any rights at all and look at the comparison in facts and laws to "reform" the United States and other countries. With great change, comes great pleasures and problems, most of the movements and acts that took place involving women rights were based off of war crisis and home living while war and mass industry was brand new. We almost expect MORE from the women today and with the returning responses of steryeotipical females, males do indeed classify femals as inferior. With good reason, I too belive men are not but superior, but socially, scientificaly, and religiously above women.