You & Me | Teen Ink

You & Me

By bluemagnet22 PLATINUM, Dearborn Hts, Michigan
bluemagnet22 PLATINUM, Dearborn Hts, Michigan

You were born an origanal why die a copy?The secret to success is the consistency to pursue.To the world you may be one person,but to one person you may be the world.To receive the right answer,you must ask the right question.Don't worry be happy! :)

I saw you today,
But you're not as I remember.
Your eyes no longer sparkle,
You've changed since last September.

You were so full of life,
Yet now you are so cold.
Your personality has tarnished,
When you once had a heart of gold.

You fell out of my life,
Just like leaves in the fall.
We were so very close,
Now you're not here at all.

You saw me today,
I'm the same as you remember.
My eyes still sparkle,
I've not changed since last September.

Isn't it so sad when you see an old friend and their whole personality and outlook on life has changed...and not for the good. Well that's what inspired me for this poem...I hope you enjoyed it

IndigoWaltz PLATINUM, Newport Beach, California

"A witty quote proves nothing"
-Voltaire

Its is nice but it could be better. I like the flow but it seems like you didn't put your all into it.

Mae10 BRONZE said...
Mae10 BRONZE, Columbia, North Carolina
This is absolutely beautiful and well-written! Nice job!

genessa.carney SILVER, La Crescent, Minnesota

"Your boat may get jostled, it may even drown; but if you believe, you'll sail forever." g.c.

Poetry101 BRONZE, Faith, South Dakota

You don't need anybody to tell you who you are or what you are. You are what you are !

~John Lennon

This is so good I love so much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mr.Squidy said...
Mr.Squidy,
This poem is one of my favorites because this reminded me of my experience with this.

Jakek6800 said...
Great poem, I like the stanza "You fell out of my life, Just like leaves in the fall. We were so very close, Now you're not here at all."

pandagirl10146,
This is beautiful i can relate to this i have had this happen to me meany times before. My favorite part of the poem is "you were full of live, now you are so cold, you personality has tarnished, when you once had a hart of gold.

afloridagirl PLATINUM, Port Orange, Florida

Maybe the Journey isn't so much about becoming anything but unbecoming everything that isn't really you

beautiful i love this

ZJcancel BRONZE, Catesville, Pennsylvania

''I will love you for forever and a day ''

the line that i can relate to the most is ''You were so full of life, Yet now you are so cold. Your personality has tarnished, When you once had a heart of gold.''

badwolf429 SILVER, Moore, South Carolina

"A professional writer is an amateur who didn't quit"

I love this! I loved the "you've changed since last September" than when you said "I haven't changed since last September"

ImaginationIsImportant SILVER, Mumbai, Other

I have two favorite quotes:
'Remember it's just a bad day, not a bad life.'
'We were born to be real, not perfect.'

You & Me reminds me of my ex best friend. 'We were so very close, now you're not here at all' relates to the situation. She left me for someone popular. She changed. I didn't. Reading this poem made me cry as it reminded me of her as she left my side in the month of September. This is a really nice piece though!

HaleyD. PLATINUM, Bel Air, Maryland
This is exactly what I thought when reading this. It's crazy and indescribable how someone can change in a blink of an eye.

Araina BRONZE said...
Araina BRONZE, Viroqua, Wisconsin
1 article 0 photos 1 comment

Everything good in life either makes you fat, an addict, or broke.

This reminds me of my ex boyfriend. He has changed so much, and it makes me sad that the person I loved no longer exists.

Midnight101 BRONZE, Springs, Colorado

“You can love someone so much...But you can never love people as much as you can miss them.”
― John Green or "i let my wild child lose at dawn" -m

i love this....its true for me

Rynn750 SILVER said...
Rynn750 SILVER, Somewhere, Wisconsin

"A cynical young person is almost the saddest sight to see, because it means that he or she has gone from knowing nothing to believing nothing." - Maya Angelou

Same here. My best friend/boyfriend went to college three months ago. It's really sad that we were so close but now he's changed to where he no longer talks to me a lot and has better friends.

waish SILVER said...
waish SILVER, Ranchi, Other
i like this poem so much . if u guys have a minute than see my stuff to TeenInk.com/poetry/song_lyrics/article/836211/Im-Little-Bit-Alive/

Bray2 said...
Bray2, Washington DC, District Of Columbia
This poem reminds me of my old best friend and me. “I saw you today but not as I remember.” I saw my old best friend one day on the first day that I have not seen in over a year and he had changed so much, but I hadn’t changed at all.

Adup5 BRONZE said...
Adup5 BRONZE, Plaquemine, Louisiana
I can relate to “You & Me” because it brings me back to the day of my Grandpa’s funeral, and how different he looked from the last time I saw him. The line “You were so full of life, Yet now you are so cold” stands out to me because he was lifeless (pale) and his body was cold, but my heart cried to match his heart beat one more time. Then, I remembered how he seen me last time, and how he would want to see me the day of his funeral.

angeltreshon BRONZE, White Castle, Louisiana
The line that caught my attention from this poem was “You’ve changed since last September”. This line reminds me of my ex who constantly calls and tells me how I’ve changed since our break up in the month of September.

reminded me of my ex best guy friend