You & Me | Teen Ink

You & Me

By bluemagnet22 PLATINUM, Dearborn Hts, Michigan
bluemagnet22 PLATINUM, Dearborn Hts, Michigan

You were born an origanal why die a copy?The secret to success is the consistency to pursue.To the world you may be one person,but to one person you may be the world.To receive the right answer,you must ask the right question.Don't worry be happy! :)

I saw you today,
But you're not as I remember.
Your eyes no longer sparkle,
You've changed since last September.

You were so full of life,
Yet now you are so cold.
Your personality has tarnished,
When you once had a heart of gold.

You fell out of my life,
Just like leaves in the fall.
We were so very close,
Now you're not here at all.

You saw me today,
I'm the same as you remember.
My eyes still sparkle,
I've not changed since last September.

Isn't it so sad when you see an old friend and their whole personality and outlook on life has changed...and not for the good. Well that's what inspired me for this poem...I hope you enjoyed it

Razzy said...
Razzy, Somewhere, California

"What great thing would you attempt if you knew you could not fail?" ~Robert H. Schuller

Really great poem! ^_^ I love it!

xG4RY GOLD said...
xG4RY GOLD, East Falmouth, Massachusetts

"The shorter it is, the more well said it is."

Why did you call this a sonnet? What type is it? It is written in Iambic Pentameter, tretrameter, monometer, ect? Did you even pick A Iamb, trochee, dactyl or anapest to start from? The rhyme scheme doesn't even really match a form of any sonnet.

DreamWeaver BRONZE, Coarsegold, California

Writing is nothing more than a guided dream.
Jorge Luis Borges

I've been looking for a poem that described how I felt on this subject. Couldn't find a good one until this one! It's beautiful. 

Merla said...
Merla, Reykjavík, Other
I liked this poem. It was simple and beautiful. I liked the flow, the spaces, the feeling. Good work.  

catwithglasses SILVER, Sewickley, Pennsylvania

"I'm selfish, impatient, and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you don't deserve me at my best."
-Marilyn Monroe

I'm not able to relate to this, but your poem is very well written. I can picture it.

CatchAFallingStar PLATINUM, Pearland, Texas

"If you love something, let it go. If it comes back to you, it's yours, if it doesn't, it never was." - Unknown

I can really relate to this poem. I've experienced this quite a few times :/ You did a great job with it :)

Cassie1435 GOLD, Skokie, Illinois

"Doctor, our insanity is not that we see people that aren't there. It's that we ignore the ones who are."
Andrea Gibson

GREAT POEM! I LOVE IT

Akshay09121 said...
Akshay09121, Bathinda, Indiana

There Is Great Value Of Disaster.........
Bcoz...We Can Start It All Over Again

awesum...!! poem

Jessi_suarez1 GOLD, Kissimmee, Florida
wow i honestly love this poem! it was simple and sweet. very good job.

anonymous said...
Just thought I'd let you know...I read your sonnet a couple of weeks ago while looking for inspiration for my own sonnet I had to write for a class assignment. I thought it was truly amazing and inspired me to write my own sonnet that wasn't boring, completely comprised of shakespearean language and make me want to pull my hair out as I wrote it. A couple of days ago we presented to the class and this guy read out the sonnet he had written, I couldn't help but think I'd heard it before. After hours spent driving myself crazy searching for where I'd heard it I FINALLY came back to this page and realized he had read yours. Congratulations, your famous! Love from Australia. 

This poem is really incredible. Anyone can relate to this and you did an amazing job:)

freckledleopardxox BRONZE, Troy, New York
Very deep and emotional. I feel this way a lot whenever me and a very close friend drift apart and its just totally awkward when you see them again. Love it!

LittleRedRidingHood SILVER, Edinburgh, Other

"Even if I knew that tomorrow the world would go to pieces, I would still plant my apple tree."
Martin Luther

I love your poem! I think the idea's great, there were a couple of bits in which the rythum was very slightly off, but it was hardly noticable, so I think that it was still amazing! :0)

kincaid_ily BRONZE, Osteen, Florida

i dont try to be captian wierd, im just me

It looks like to me you were trying to write an english sonnet. But for future refferance here is rhyme schemes... Italin: a-b-b-a, a-b-b-a, c-d-e-c-d-e English: a-b-a-b, c-d-c-d, e-f-e-f, g-g.

lysha said...
this was extremely good!

RyanM. PLATINUM, Klamath Falls, Oregon

"Those who deny the darkness in their hearts, are the ones who fall deeper into it."

Oh and amazing job by the way

RyanM. PLATINUM, Klamath Falls, Oregon

That's what my friends think of me, but I see it as they haven't changed for the better they stayed the same.

Delilah..2 said...
i love this poem is it a sonnet

WinterGreer SILVER, Wasilla, Alaska

dance like no one's watching/ love like you've never been hurt/ sing like no one's listening/ live like heaven is on earth

This poem is amazing, so true and relatable! Great job!

Sonnets are comprised of 14 lines consisting of iambic pentameter.