Wrestler 2 (Arty W.) | Teen Ink

Wrestler 2 (Arty W.)

By Noshabora GOLD, St. Cloud, Florida
Noshabora GOLD, St. Cloud, Florida

"Poetry and art are when you take decades of thought and condense it into a nifty little portable carrying case that people can see and go 'Oooh, Ahh'... and then forget about it. But what does it matter, so long as YOU remember it?" ~ Bela

So last year I moved to West Reading in PA. You may have heard of the town, Reading, before, it's not known all that well for anything constructive, but as I understand, it's the third worst crime city in the United States. It's really a filthy dump. West Reading is sortof the 'upperclass' section of an altogether lower class city, and the two portions are separated by a bridge over a river. (I forget which river) West Reading is marginally cleaner, and it's also outside of the main Reading school district, just barely. Near West Reading is Wyomissing, a really 'upper class' area. (seriously, I got lost there once, I didn't see a single house without three floors in some parts) West Reading sort of clips itself into the Wyomissing school district. So I went to Wyo. a couple days in, I met their wrestling coach at the Hard Bean cafe, just down the street from where I live. I had made the Bean sort of my art business center. The coach said Wyomissing had just recently gotten its first wrestling champions, Nick H. and Arty W. , and he ordered two poster-sized portraits of the boysto present to them at a ceremony. It was my fist sale in West Reading. (I have since moved back to Blandon/Fleetwood)

Similar images

This art has 0 comments.