The Sphere of Life | Teen Ink

The Sphere of Life MAG

By Sadako-xD, Dittmannsdorf, Other
Sadako-xD, Dittmannsdorf, Other

Art is not a thing, it's a way.

The girl in the ball symbolizes life or a special life and the Grim Reaper (who would have thought of it 'D) the death.

My idea was:
We should appreciate our life and really live it! Because life is like a bubble (shown as a ball), which can explode at any time (you or someone loved can die at any time). Therefore, we should appreciate our fellow men and those we love, treat accordingly (otherwise we will regret it, if something bad happens to them).
We must open our eyes in order to see what is really important. (Irony: The girl in the picture has closed her eyes).

Other symbols in the picture:
- Lifetime: This is the duration, how long the girl in the picture lives yet (in seconds). My birth date is hidden in it, which again symbolizes the contrast (birthday = life, remaining seconds until "dieing" = death). I got this idea by listening to the song and watching the video "Savin Me" by Nickelback.

- Heartbeat graph in the ball: Back as the symbol for the opposition: ball = life; death = grim reaper)

- Nr.13 (No.13) as an unlucky number and points to the demise (in conjunction with the remaining lifetime)

- Angel Wings: Angels are messengers of God, therefore they should be appreciated (here as symbol for the life) and respected.

I hope you like it :)

Similar images

This art has 5 comments.

Sadako-xD said...
Sadako-xD, Dittmannsdorf, Other

Art is not a thing, it's a way.

Thank you soo much!! I am glad, that my artwork made you feel this way <3

Sadako-xD said...
Sadako-xD, Dittmannsdorf, Other

Art is not a thing, it's a way.

I'm very pleased, that this picture of mine inspired you like this :). Life is soo damn short, so better enjoy it as much as you can ;)

Sadako-xD said...
Sadako-xD, Dittmannsdorf, Other

Art is not a thing, it's a way.

Thank you sooo much for your kind words!! <3

Leahx said...
Leahx, Sheffield, Other
THIS IS AMAZING! Inspires me to try computer graphics...probably fail tho haha! Keep up the good work! :)

Pargaran SILVER, New Glasgow, Other

"Be who you are, and say what you feel. Because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."
-Dr. Seuss

AMAZING. :D
Makes me want to get off this computer, and enjoy real like a bit more!!