Cernidipall | Teen Ink

Cernidipall

By Enforcer BRONZE, north adams, Massachusetts
Enforcer BRONZE, North Adams, Massachusetts

"If that's how you want to live your life, I say go nuts!"

Star System: Alpha Centauri

Government: Centauri Free Systems

Sentient Species: Plyth (not native species, for there are none)

Terrain: Mountains, Forests, Inland Seas, Research Facilities.

I first thought of creating this planet during a trip to New York City in autumn with my family. My mother who is also an artist had played an important roll in illustrating the Carnival Cruise book project. When visiting the American Museum of Natural History, it noticed how the New York skyscrapers stuck out from behind the trees. I thought that this would be a good idea for a planet.

The result was Cernidipall, a small planet in the Alpha Centauri system. It is a research planet for the sentient shrimp-like species know as the Plyth. They have gone to extensive lengths to keep the planet clean and city-less, though the humans once tried to convince the Plyht to open a few highways, and maybe a mall, the strong-minded crustations said no. They have labs there, so they can do research and experiments away from the loud noises of their homeworld, Alpha Centauri IV.

Similar images

This art has 2 comments.

Thanks! I've seen some of your work too, and it reminds me of my work. I'm gonna be posting more work soon, so I guess: stay tuned!

julian GOLD said...
julian GOLD, Eugene, Oregon

The goal is not about living forever, the goal is about creating something that can.

Love it! You have a lot of talent,and it obviously shows in your work. Awesome job! Keep posting more stuff!