Photographs, drawing, computer graphics and other artwork by teens | Teen Ink

Photos

Most discussed photos

Art/Photo
comments
By Anna Yates
Hernando, Mississippi

So many people take our beloved, magnificent Earth for granted. This girl, who seems to only exist within my head, listens to the voice of nature-- the wind.
Anna Yates, Hernando, Mississippi

buddhist.chick SILVER, City, Michigan

"I write to ease the passing of time."
Jorge Luis Borges

Art/Photo
By LaceyBacey SILVER
Wasilla, Alaska
LaceyBacey SILVER, Wasilla, Alaska
Art/Photo
By emmabr BRONZE
Columbia, Maryland
emmabr BRONZE, Columbia, Maryland

Outside the station, she stands with her child on the side of the street, taking pictures of cars.

You think she's insane. Until, one day, you notice that she's taking pictures of the license plates of the cars her child gets into.

Because you look. But you do not see.

And she walks out the shop with bags full of cat food. You think she's some crazy cat lady until you find out, she has no cats.

Because you eat. But you do not taste.

It's been a while since their last album but he assures you, he's doing just fine these days, white flecks in his nostrils. Then he asks you if he can spend the night on your couch, even though it stinks.

Because you sniff. But you do not smell.

And they say "Just OK" when you ask them how school was. Then you wonder what they're hiding until you find their diary and the last entry reads "I wish you'd give me some privacy."

Because you listen. But you do not hear.

And they've got a bruise over their eye and you run the tips of your fingers over it and ask them how it happened. You believe them. Until it happens again.

Because you touch. But you do not feel.

And they walk past you everyday, one million stories, each waiting to be told. Waiting for you to ask.

Because you live. But very few, love.

Art/Photo
By Devin Ball
Anchorage, Alaska
Devin Ball, Anchorage, Alaska
Art/Photo
By Noshabora GOLD
St. Cloud, Florida
Noshabora GOLD, St. Cloud, Florida

"Poetry and art are when you take decades of thought and condense it into a nifty little portable carrying case that people can see and go 'Oooh, Ahh'... and then forget about it. But what does it matter, so long as YOU remember it?" ~ Bela

Art/Photo
By Anthony-Cairo
Shelby Twp, Michigan
Anthony-Cairo, Shelby Twp, Michigan

How happy is the blameless vestal's lot!
The world forgetting, by the world forgot.
Eternal sunshine of the spotless mind!
Each pray'r accepted, and each wish resign'd;

Art/Photo
By Rajacenna
Vlaardingen, Other
Rajacenna, Vlaardingen, Other
Art/Photo
By Wolf_Howl BRONZE
Sugar Land, Texas
Wolf_Howl BRONZE, Sugar Land, Texas

Lovely essay; dripping with pathos and missing the strong flavor of logos.

Sorry, but such an essay fails to move me. I just submitted an essay today about Animal Rights and why is is wrong, so hopefully that will be submitted and prevent me from having to explain everything here.

Anyway, do you have any source that says that people aren't made to eat meat? Because, while I have heard it before, I have never seen any such proof of this claim. Let's say your claim is true, please then, explain why we - humans - have hydrochloric acid in our stomachs - something herbivores lack? Or how about why we have protruding canines like that of many carnivores? And if you want to go the path of evolution, we did evolve from primates; the closest relative to us by up to 96 percent of the same DNA is the chimpanzee, which have strongly protruded canines (as well as being omnivorous like humans).

Lastly, I think PETA is a complete fallacy. How can they be pushing for the 'ethical' treatment of animals if they don't first care about mankind? My favorite quote noted from PETA is: ’[PETA] would rather have medical experiments done on our children than on animals', which is a close second to 'if animal test produced a cure for AIDS, [PETA] would be against it.' I honestly don't think I need to even comment about these quotes; they tell the message themselves.

Anyway, I do so hope that your vegetarianism goes well, but I also hope you realize how weak your argument is and how Animal Rights are not logically possible. I will link my essay once it is submitted for you to look over if you wish.

Farewell,

Wolf

P.S. I date a vegetarian. ;P

Art/Photo
By Lioness_Eyes
Placentia, California
Lioness_Eyes, Placentia, California

"Imagination is more important than knowledge."
Albert Einstein