My Mom's Cup of Tea | Teen Ink

My Mom's Cup of Tea

By Eugii SILVER, Brooklyn, New York
Eugii SILVER, Brooklyn, New York

While the traditional Mother's day gift would be a bouquet of flowers, I chose to paint my mother a cup of lemon tea. It had been a stressful year for my mother, especially with the build-up of my dad's new business. I wanted to thank her for her hard work with a painting that symbolizes relaxation and comfort. I hope that this painting will give her a sense of relief after a hard day of work.

Similar images

This art has 5 comments.

MichealMulkey SILVER, Easley, South Carolina

"The thing about music is that, when it hits you, you feel no pain"
-Bob Marley

It is a class that I have taken. I am sure you are able to look it up somehow. It is pretty interesting, you should look into it, its kind of hard to explain.  

Eugii SILVER said...
Eugii SILVER, Brooklyn, New York
What do you mean by "drawing with the left side of the brain," by the way?

Eugii SILVER said...
Eugii SILVER, Brooklyn, New York
Thank you for your feedback! I am going to think a lot more about how I can represent the purpose of a piece during the process of painting now. 

-Bob Marley

Overall, good work. P.S work on "Drawing with the Left side of the Brain"

-Bob Marley

I believe the reasoning behind this piece is well thought out and reasonable. Although, the painting itself wasnt quite succesful expressing the emotions you were aiming for. The vibrant colors of the fruit, usually symbolizes an excitement throughout the piece. In this case, the lemon symbolizes peace and tranquility, although you did give description, in further work, make it known through the sybolization and calm colors and relaxed hand motions rather than "choppy" values and detailed lines, unless you are presenting realism.