Man's Best Friend! | Teen Ink

Man's Best Friend!

By Ainoyu, Victoria, British Columbia, Other
Ainoyu, Victoria, British Columbia, Other

If there's really that many people in the world, then there had to be someone who wasn't ordinary. There had to be someone who was living an interesting life. There just had to be. Why wasn't I that person?

- Haruhi Suzumiya

Dogs are called man's best friend. Pugs have their own character with their ugly/cute faces, along with a certain excitement and energy. They are known to be docile, but strong willed and a great companion, provided the owner cares for them properly. If the owner isn't, then pugs are happy enough to just sit in front of the TV for hours on end, which is kind of similar to people in a way.

I created this piece of art by first layering strips of colored tissue onto a canvas, and then using transparent acrylic to secure it. After a few layers of tissue, I created a gradient effect. The bones were also placed at this time. From there, I took a piece of transparent piece of paper and started hand writing various facts and poems about my pug. This was placed down with more acrylic. I then drew the dog and used paint to create different shades. After this, I went over it with black ink and added more details. Using various acrylics, I painted the eyes to give it that 'surprise' element. I then proceeded to add more writing and the finishing touches.

This project was created for one of my high school AP assignments, in which I had to create a portrait of a person of animal using this method. The colors I chose represent the pug's energy and carefree nature, which I enjoy. Sometimes, in times of stress, I found it's best just to forget about it for a while and assume the pug's carefree and happy nature. Alternatively, I could sit in front of a television. That's good too.Sloth

Similar images

This art has 0 comments.