Waking Dream | Teen Ink

Waking Dream MAG

By Noshabora GOLD, St. Cloud, Florida
Noshabora GOLD, St. Cloud, Florida

"Poetry and art are when you take decades of thought and condense it into a nifty little portable carrying case that people can see and go 'Oooh, Ahh'... and then forget about it. But what does it matter, so long as YOU remember it?" ~ Bela

~ 11"x19" Watercolor Paper

This image is unfortunately too small and blurry to make out the smallest of details in the piece, but I feel they are important for the impact of it. So, although you can't see it, you'll have to take my word on this: On the lower rims of the blue shards of glass is written "The Devil's in the Details".

Tags: Abstract

Similar images

This art has 20 comments.

Aeryn_Wolfe said...
Aeryn_Wolfe, Maribel, Wisconsin
0 articles 1 photo 1 comment

Don't annoy the writer, she may put you in a book and kill you

Great blending of intriguing and strong images

Unknown0_0 said...
Unknown0_0, Valrico, Florida
Something about this is intriguing, The shattering glass perhaps. I like it! :D

artlover<3 said...
amazing! cant stop looking at it! great job! >.<

Noshabora GOLD said...
Noshabora GOLD, St. Cloud, Florida

Thankyou for posting my "16th" comment, ma'am. xP

singinginthegardn GOLD, Cowell, Massachusetts

"The role of a writer is not to say what we all can say, but what we are unable to say." ~Anaïs Nin

Bahahahaha..ehh..I'd give ya 40,000 <3

Noshabora GOLD said...
Noshabora GOLD, St. Cloud, Florida

Yeah, fail. xD I've come across all kinds of weird little bugs like that. Thankyou for the compliment.

(It once told me I had an image with 40,000 stars out of 5, and then it corrected itself the next day) I'd like to think I do decent work, but I'm not sure if one of my doodles is worth 40,000 stars. lol.

"This art/photo has 13 comments." FAIL lol but AMAZING ARTWORK!!

AllyC. said...
AllyC., Limon, Colorado

wow

Noshabora GOLD said...
Noshabora GOLD, St. Cloud, Florida

For some strange reason, the site repeats and cuts off any comments I make that are too long, so ignore the repetition.

Noshabora GOLD said...
Noshabora GOLD, St. Cloud, Florida

This is a belated reply, I'm sure, but oh well.

I'm actually in my freshman year of college right now. (I'm still a teenager by technicality, so they haven't booted me off of the site yet) I go to a regular university, not an art school, but oh well. I couldn't afford to go to anyplace far away, and this school was a good price. It's got a good art department, so I can't complain.

Either way, I'm stuck going to universities, anyway. I'm majoring in Art Education, and I can only get the teacher training at college, Art institutes don't generally have the ability to issue teaching degrees.

remembermeplz PLATINUM, Friend, Nebraska

"when the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace" -- Jimi Hendrix

the details in this is amazing!And I love how u put poetry in yr drawings =)

AshTree SILVER said...
AshTree SILVER, Clarksville, Tennessee

"Live your art" -made this one up myself. Simple, but true.

I love your work so much. You show the talent of a true artist. Your ideas are very creative and are always well-done. I applaud you on doing this piece and I love every detail. I think this should go in your portfolio if you haven't applied for art school yet. If that is what you want to do (it'd be a shame if you didn't) I'm sure you have a bright future ahead of you. Good job and good luck.

ahhhh i see it. the hellhoud is cool. i llike how you use poetry/words in your drawings. im partail to painting/drawing myself (im not crazy awesome but i dont think im that bad.)

Noshabora GOLD said...
Noshabora GOLD, St. Cloud, Florida

I actually DO sell my work regularly, mostly custom portraits. as for the words, they are snippets of poetry, and they're all over the place. Sadly, the photograph here is too small to actually read it. The bit you referred to says "Fire and Rain/Dig the Graves/We'll Make the World Ours." In very tiny print along some of the edges of the pieces of glass is written "The Devil's in the Details". Poetry is also inscribed into the shadows of the soldier and hound (the creature is a hellhound).

oh. mai. f*king. GAWD!!!!!! i love it!!!!! u could totally sell that!!! (i would buy it!!!) by the way, what does it say on the ground next to the person? and what is that creature???(if you even have a name for it)

Emilia901 GOLD said...
Emilia901 GOLD, Moreno Valley, California

"Fiction reveals truths that reality obscures." Jessamyn West

Wow.... (my single word to express how awsome this piece is) =^_^=

BrittneySamantha SILVER, Tomball, Texas

you may say im a dreamer, but im not the only one -john lennon

this is soooooooooo great! ur super talented!

stefeffeouik said...
THIS IS GREAT I LOVE THIS PICTURE I WANT TO marry imktkkkykykykk

Artistic_Mind, Baltimore, Maryland

"if you want something done right, you have to do it ur self" "life doesnt alway turn out the way u want it to but if u want it to u gotta make it happen"

this is great

BrittneySamantha SILVER, Tomball, Texas

wow veryyy veryyy veryy goood!!!