Unexpected Hope | Teen Ink

Unexpected Hope

By FrenchHornGirl GOLD, Shreveport, Louisiana
FrenchHornGirl GOLD, Shreveport, Louisiana

"I may not be perfect, but Jesus thinks I'm to die for."

This flower, though beautiful, is obviously past its prime. It would be incredibly cliche to say, "Every end is actually a new beginning," so I'm not going to say that.
Instead, sort of along the same lines, I will say that hope comes in unexpected places.
We see this flower and think, "How sad, that such a pretty flower is wilting after having had such a short life."
What we don't think about is that these petals that are dropping off will fertilize the next generation of flowers, which in turn will bring us more joy and hope.
We make death out to be so morbid, disgusting, and taboo - and I won't deny that it is incredibly, incredibly sad and painful, especially when it's someone we love that is dying.
But I guess what I'm also trying to say is that death can bring hope. Think about the death of Jesus, which brought the ultimate hope to the world.
In the same way, I believe that there is more than one way to look at everything, and in my opinion, whether we change our views or not, it is a good to do so. :)

Similar images

This photo has 0 comments.