Energy | Teen Ink

Energy

By FrenchHornGirl GOLD, Shreveport, Louisiana
FrenchHornGirl GOLD, Shreveport, Louisiana

"I may not be perfect, but Jesus thinks I'm to die for."

When you were little, did you ever turn on a lamp and wonder, "Where does that light come from?"
Well, now we know it comes from electricity, electricity that uses energy to give us light. Energy that comes from windmills like these.
But a more common question now is, "Where does that person get THEIR energy from?"
It seems like there is always someone who is upbeat, happy, never tired, able to get by on pretty much no sleep, doing everything and anything at once. In our overtired and stressed out states, we envy these people. We wish we could have that much energy and get that much done. We wish we had some of our own little personal windmills, to energize and power-up our minds, our bodies, our spirits.
So we look at the person we consider most energetic and ask ourselves, "Where do they get their energy? I want some too!"
The problem with this is that everyone gets their energy from a different place. No two people recharge in the same way. It's our responsibility to take a break and slow down enough to find out how we get our energy.
Animals? Nature? Being with family, or being with friends? Baking? Playing sports? It could be any number of things.
Taking the time to find out may put us a bit behind the power curve short-term, but once we know, we will be able to reap great benefits in the long run because we will finally be the person with the energy.
The energy of knowing what it is that you love and making the time to do it.

Similar images

This photo has 0 comments.