Pauper's Street | Teen Ink

Pauper's Street

By GingerLily BRONZE, Aulnay-sur-Mauldre, Other
GingerLily BRONZE, Aulnay-sur-Mauldre, Other

"A dreamer is one who can only find his way by moonlight, and his punishment is that he sees the dawn before the rest of the world" - Oscar Wilde

A humbling photo of how people who give all often receive few in return. This was taken in San Remo, Italy, a touristic town where the best privileges are offered to tourists, and the actual population is not left with much.

Similar images

This photo has 7 comments.

AVERAGE BRONZE said...
AVERAGE BRONZE, Rosehill, Virginia
this is soooo amazing.

Thank you for commenting! San Remo is a beautiful city, thanks to its little side streets like this one. But you can tell they're pretty run-down.

KKills said...
KKills, Knoxville, Tennessee
This is stunning photo! The way the light hits the middle of the street is visible even in black and white. I know the description says that the people of San Remo are not given much, but there is some odd beauty in this.

Thank you so much! :)

billgamesh11 BRONZE, Grafton, Massachusetts

"It's always darkest before the dawn." ~Florence and the Machine

Wow. Just. Wow. (In a GOOD way! :) :):):);)

Thank you so much! The original colors were really beautiful, but yeah, I thought the black and white would make it more dramatic.

just-another-url GOLD, Cannes, Other

"It's a good thing to be strange. Normalness leads to sadness." -Philip Lester

What a great photo ! I love the black and white, it gives the picture a little extra something.