Inside the Mind of a Bastard Child | Teen Ink

Inside the Mind of a Bastard Child

By Marieweibel BRONZE, State College, Pennsylvania
Marieweibel BRONZE, State College, Pennsylvania

Summary:

Even a bastard child can raise above the rest to become something great. I was born into a family of drug addicts, and alcoholics. My mother had so many lovers that she could not tell me who my father was, and when she deiced not to raise me she left me with my older sister Rachael's dad. Rachael's dad was a physically, emotionally, and sexually abusive man who used to refer to me as Bastard.

When my father passed when I was nine I was horrified finding his dead body in our hotel room. However his death marked my journey to becoming a women redeemed by salvation and freed from the labels I had placed upon myself. I lived in two half-way houses, and four family before the fifth on adopted me when I was fourteen. I struggled through my school years bullied and alone until a suicide attempt brought me face to face with the question, “Why am I here?”

Marieweibel

Inside the Mind of a Bastard Child

heartoffact said...
SO good. It's an understated punch to the face. I'm saaaaad that it is not finished.  Super great writing Marie!!!

bethcampbell said...
The strength it must have taken to write this book is impossible for me to understand.  What an amazing young lady.  You are an inspiration.

Jackie said...

WOW!! Way to go Marie! What a brave and courageous young woman to share your life this way! It really touched me and I know it will reach out and help other young (and older) women move forward from their pasts, bringing freedom because they will know they are not alone! Thanks for being like Joshua...bold, strong and of good courage!

Awesome job!!!!!!

Kim M said...
Marie, I think is going to be an awesome read for everyone and a cathartic part of your journey as well.  Rock on sista!

marie this is amazing and truly inspiring. while we haven't seen you in year, reading this makes me hear your voice and and remember what an amazing person you are and what an impact you and your sister have had on my life. no matter where I go in life I will always remember you and love you deeply :) Keep up with your writing, it has always been a huge part of who you are, and will undoubtedly touch many people!

rachaelposs said...
This book is truly inspiring! She is one of the most gifted young writers ever and I do not just say that because she is my sister. I say it because her book makes you feel things. Sometimes its hard to reach people but this book can do that. 

BLST said...
 A very good read. Can't even begin to fathom such a life. Then Lord definetly has plans for your life after being able to survive all this.

Honestly I came to read this story because I wanted to support Marie :) and wasn't going to read the whole thing, but as I started reading, I couldn't stop!  It demaded my attention, and I was disapointed that the story wasn't finished (YET!) PLEASE publish this so I can finish reading :) Awesome story...you go girl!!

Melony said...
This story is real and is one that needs to be told. Heart wrenching but in the end full of hope....

Dannah Gresh said...
As a published author, I know what it takes to put yourself out there like this. Gutsy, Marie. So proud of you. Your story is one everyone should hear.

I am biased, as I know Marie quite well... but this is a young woman who was born to write. It would be, in fact, a crime if she did not. 

Jenny said...
Thought provoking regarding subjects people rarely talk about.  What a journey!

Helen said...
Bravo, very good!!!

bookreader said...
what a great book! i think that you are an awesome writer.... i think you have such a talent for writing. =] you should write more! 

centreguy said...
Wow, this is a gifted young writer

lovekillerx3 said...
lovekillerx3, Queens, Ny, New York

"A lawyer can steal more money than a man with one hundred guns"

Very good! I enjoyed reading this! :)