Bullied Love | Teen Ink

Bullied Love

By Esraa Azzam, new york, New York
Esraa Azzam, New York, New York

Why is it all so complicated
Baby this should be simple
It's telling me mental
When you back it up
It really drives me crazy
And you know what I'm into oohhh
Make me forget what we arguing about yeah

I woke up to the sound of Chris brown singing love more. I got out of bed taking my pink blanket with me on the floor. I shut the alarm and my eyes got wide opened when I saw that it was 9:29 am. “MOM!” I screamed “I AM LATE FOR SCHOOL.” I ran to my closet put on my grey sweatpants and threw on a black long sleeve shirt that was on the floor with the word love written in pink on the front. Rushing to the bathroom, I call mom once again to make sure she heard me. “Alright... I’ll drop you off,” I heard mom say with her sick voice. I tied my hair high into a messy bun and put on a little mascara. Running downstairs I grab the potato chips that were left on the couch last night and my black purse with a pink bow walking towards the door.
“Mom I’m ready,” I said stepping outside to wait in the car.
Car rides with mom were always fun. She would be blasting 92.3 radio stations and always moving her shoulders to the rhythm. Besides that, her car always smelled like pink chiffon. I sat there in the passenger seat pressed up against the window eating my chips. “So are you excited about your first day of school?” Mom asked. I looked at her, “I’m nervous mom, what if people don’t like me?”
“Try to make new friends” she said.
“Mom, you know I have trouble making new friends.”
She laughed, “Honey I was just like you always had trouble speaking to new people. I know it’s hard but I have learned that if you talk with confidence, people will love to get to know you”
Mom did have a point with being confident with myself, but she would never understand how hard to be the new girl because she was in the same school since k-12 with the same people. She didn’t need to worry about meeting new people. I just nodded my head to avoid moms’ mini lessons in life and looked out the window watching the houses and trees go by.

“We’re here,” mom said. I stepped outside the car smiled and waved at mom. “Have fun,” she said driving off until I couldn't see her red Porsche anymore. I took a deep breath and turned around, “please be a great year,” I said to myself as I walked to the front door. “You are late” the security guard says to me once I walk in. “I’m sorry it’s my first day and I’m not sure where to go,” I said with a smile. “ oh welcome to Roswell high school, you need to go to the office it’s the 2nd door on the left,” she said “ here take this you will need it.” She handed me a paper, looking at it, the paper reads LATE PASS → Excuse new student. I nodded and said thank you then went to the 2nd door to the left.

OFFICE the door read, I knocked and entered. The office smelled like old newspapers but in a good way. “Good morning,” I said sitting on of the black chairs in front of the principal. looking at his desk I read his name bar ‘Mr. Allen’ in small font right under that the word principal was written. I looked up to see this young man in his 30s smiling at me, he said, “Good morning, you must be Carly Scott the new sophomore.”
“Yes I am,” I said smiling back
“Well, here’s your schedule,” he said while handing me an orange paper
“Oh okay thank you Mr. Allen,” I mumbled looking over it as I got up.
“Hope you have fun” I heard Ms. Allen says. I smile and exit; looking down at my schedule I see that I have English first period in room 201. I went to the second floor and looked for room 201. I enter the room and all eyes were on me. This woman with black hair and pale skin looked at me. “Hello Carly I’m Ms. Rose, welcome to English class,” she said
“Good morning, Ms. Rose” I said handing her the paper I got from the security guard.
“Class, please welcome Carly Scott, she will be spending the year with us.” She said, “Carly, please take a seat next to Cindy.” Ms. Rose pointed to a seat next to this girl with brownish hair and hazel eyes. She was so pretty. I walk over and took a seat. Soon as I sit Cindys’ hand gets raised “Ms. Rose I don’t have enough space to sit, Ms. Scott here took all the space. Can I move next to matt?” My face got red and I heard giggles from the back tables.
“CINDY that is not a way to talk to your peers, please take a step outside. I need to talk to you.” Ms. Rose eyes moved as Cindy made her way to the door. I moved my stool to the edge of the table so Cindy has space when she comes back. I sat there speechless taking a closer look at the paintings around the room. They all had Ms. Rose’s signature and looked beautiful. Then the door opened. Ms. Rose entered followed by Cindy rushing to her seat.
“So Cindy, do you want to tell Carly something”
I could hear Cindy breathe through her nose so loudly wanting to kill me.
“I’m sorry Carly for being rude.”
I looked at her and said, “It’s alright.”
The rest of class time was going well, until the last five minutes of class when Ms. Rose wanted me to go up and give a little information about myself.
I’ve always hated speaking in front of people. I remembered mom words ‘be confident’.
I stepped to the front and looked at everyone. “Umm, hi guys. My name is Carly Scott. I just moved here from New York and yeah.” My palms were sweaty and my heart beat increase every minute.
“What got you from New York to Florida?” Ms. Rose asked.
“Well, my dad is an actor and they wanted him to film here and my mom is a model for Victoria secret. They need for her to take pictures on the beach, so my parents decided to move to Florida.”
Cindy mouth opened wide “NO WAY YOUR DAD IS KEVIN SCOTT!!”
“Yup that’s my dad. “I never liked tell about my family because I thought people will fake our friendship to get to know my parents, but I felt that I had to be honest and start with a clean slate.
“Are you sure? And why did you decide to come here to Roswell?”
“Yes, I am sure, and I came here because I want to become an art teacher. Not really into acting or modeling.”
“Wait, if your mom is a model then why don’t you have her body?” Cindy sounded like those mad bitches that always get food spilled on them at the end of a movie. Since I wanted to have a clean slate I was being honest.
“I know that I have a...” I paused knowing that the next words were going to bring me down but I had to say it, “I have big body, but I have dad’s brown hair and my mom’s blue eyes.”
The bell rang and in less than a second no one was in sight except for Ms. Rose.
“I knew that would work” she said smirking.
“What would work?”
She laughed, “Carly, I made you tell us about your family because I thought that it’s better if people knew you”.
“Ohhh, well I better get to my next class. Don’t want to get a late pass again.” I said taking my bag and schedule off the table.
Looking down at my schedule, I see that I have gym second period. I always hated gym. I knew I had to make it this year to get the credit.

“How was school?” Mom asked me as I walked in.
“I don't know where to start.” Putting my bag on the couch and sitting across from mom on the dinner table.
“Well, you can start by telling me, why is there applesauce on your shirt?”
“These girls thought it would be funny to throw food on me.”
“Oh my god. Honey, are you okay?”
“Yeah I am fine.”
“Did anything else happen?” Mom asked.
“Not much but security gave me a late pass, all my class sucked especially gym where I got hit with the volley ball more than once and I…” I stopped talking, deciding whether I should tell mom about Cindy or not.
“What?” Mom said
I knew I had to tell her or else it would kill me inside.
“It’s that today, this girl named Cindy called me fat. She didn’t say it like that but she was like there is no space because I took it all.”
Moms eyes were wide opened. “Do you want me to talk to the teacher? That is so rude though.”
“No, it’s okay.” I said
Mom got up and opened the freezer taking out last nights pizza.
I sat on the chair looking down at the apple sauce. I laughed in my mind on the thought that this is the first day of school and I already had problems.
“Mom I’ll be upstairs, call me when dinner is ready.”
I went up the stairs and changed into my pajamas. I threw myself on the bed taking my phone with me. *Message from dad* I swipe to read it:

Dad: Hey honey, tell mom I won’t make it to dinner nd I might sleep on set…sorry. Btw how was school?
Me: it’s okay we are having left over anyway… and school was good except for gym
Dad: lol of course you and gym are like worst enemies. Anyways I gtg this movie is so much work love you :*
Me: kk good luck. Love you too:*

I didn’t want to tell dad anything because he will make it worse, so I had to lie to him. I put on music and fell asleep.

“Carly, dinner is ready. Lets’ go, get up” I heard mom scream.
The house smelled like burnt pizza.
“Mom did you burn the pizza?” I said, making my way down stairs.
“As you can see, yes I did. So I ordered Chinese food.”
I laughed at her, “mom you got the looks not the cooks.”
Mom pouted saying, “I’d love to see you try.”
We laughed and started eating while watching America’s funniest home videos.
When we were done I help mom with clean and then went to sleep not wanting to wake up to go to school. I always loved going to school, but since I gained weight, bullying happened making me hate school. I would stand up for myself but I believed in karma. Plus I am not the type of person to start a fight. Here am lying in bed scared of what tomorrow might look like.

I’ve been in school for about 7 months now and it’s the same process. Get insulted by Cindy in all my classes, and then get lunch thrown at me. Now I bring an extra shirt cause I didn’t want mom to know what was going on during lunch, plus some people don’t believe that my dad is an actor and my mom is a model. I was called a b****, cow, fat ass, liar and many more I can’t remember.
What took my mind off this bullying, was this cute kid that moved new into town and came to Roswell a couple of months ago. His name was Tyson but people called him Ty. He had dirty blonde hair and his green eyes were really big. He was like the cute kid I’ve ever seen. But I had second thoughts when he got the locker that was on top of mine.
Today I decided to have lunch in the hallway. Worst mistake I’ve ever done. Since I sat near my locker during lunch Tyson decides to come and get something from his locker. I got up to give him space then Tyson took my tray threw it in my face.
“MOVE IT UGLY COW.” His palms hit my chest, hard, knocking me backwards. I caught myself quickly and stare towards him. The crowd around us was closing in, bodies jostling. Above the movement, I could hear the security guard approaching. “Break it up,” she said. He stepped closer to me, “What you looking at? Huh? Why don’t you just stop trying to fit in …NO ONE LIKES YOU!! ” He said. I heard a hiss from somewhere, that low ooooh, followed by the guards’ second warning. He brushed past me. His shoulder hit mine. Everyone was staring, a blur of faces fluctuating, shifting, as he moved through them, and then their eyes all turned to me.
I pushed through the bodies beside me, one hand over my mouth. I could hear people talking, laughing, as the crowd gave way bit by bit. I rushed into the bathroom, tears run down my face as I entered the stall. I took out my phone and dialed mom. “Hello” she answers.
“Mom...can you come pick me up.” I said sniffing
The phone got quite. I could imagine my mom thinking why I’d be calling.
“Honey, are you crying.” I didn’t want to tell her now.
“Mom I will explain later, for now can you please come.” I said wiping my tears
“Okay give me 5 minutes, I’ll be there sweetie.” i heard mom's voice worried.
I closed the phone, wiping the rest of my tears away, waiting till the halls slowly got empty.
I thought back to what had happened, and asked myself, Does everyone really hate me? Why me? Every question in my head killed me inside, but after every thought I kept asking myself one question, what did I do wrong?

“LOOK CARLY SCOTT I NEED AN EXPLANATION OF WHAT'S HAPPENING NOW!” Mom’s voice became louder as I made my way to the couch. I knew she was mad, and I knew she had to know sooner or later. Maybe she can help me get through this.
“Okay, I’ll tell you.” I said to mom as she sat next to me.
“Mom, school has been rough and I’ve been getting bullied lately.”
I saw mom’s eyes full of tears. I held her hand knowing that dad always did that to comfort her.
“Mom look, I am fine. Today was just that I physically got bullied by the guy I liked, but nothing serious.”
Mom put her arms around me.
“Honey, I am so sorry. Do you want to transfer? You’ve been an A+ student, so any school would love to have you.” Mom pulled me closer to her chest. Somehow I felt safe sitting here with mom. I thought about what mom said knowing that if I transfer there could be 90% chance I get bullied again. Then a thought popped into my mind.
“Mom, will it be possible to take this month and next month off?”
“Why?” she asked
“Look, the only way to stop this all is if I lose weight. I can take these two months off and work with your personal trainer, Mike.”
Mom smiled, and she nodded her head, “okay I’ll call Mike to come in tomorrow,” mom said.
I ran up to my room and changed. I looked at myself in the mirror for a moment, and smiled. I couldn't wait to see how people treat me when I come from the training with Mike.
*knock knock* “Carly, Mike said he will love to come in.” I heard my mom say behind the door.
I smiled really big not able to control my happiness. “Okay, mom thanks. I’ll take a nap and wake up for dinner. I love you.”
“Love you too” mom said.
Today I’ll be going to bed wanting tomorrow to come.

I woke up to the sound of the door bell. Looking at the time I noticed it was 9:48 am. Without fixing my hair or changing I ran to get the door. Open to see that it was dad and Mike, I gasp.
“Why are you guys here early and where’s mom?”
“Good morning to you too” dad answered me
“Sorry, good morning dad. Hey Mike.” I look at Mike and he smiled and walked in.
“Mom had to go to work last night, they called her in and she said that they will take her back to new York to get some work done with the manager.” dad said, “by the way she said she's sorry for not making dinner yesterday.”
I nodded my head, “nah, its fine. So why are you guys here?”
“I came because I wanted to start training early, I promised my girlfriend for a dinner date tonight.” Mike replied
“Dad, how about you,” I said turning my head to him.
“I took a break, one, because I have to fill in moms place, two, because I need to relax. This movie is so much work.”
We all laughed and then I excused myself upstairs to take a shower excited to start training.
When I was done I went down to see Mike setting up the running machine.
“Okay Carly today is your first day of training. Right now I would like you to step on this scale,” he said pointing to this glass scale on the floor. I stepped on it, waiting for my weight to appear. 194 the scale read. I felt so embarrassed of my weight. I stepped off and looked at Mike.
“Carly don't be upset,” he said, “this is why I’m here. Now to train with me, it means no more unhealthy stuff and more of proteins and nutrients to give you the energy you need.”
I took a deep breath accepting all what Mike have just said and also accepting the fact that beauty hurts.

After 2 months of working with Mike

“Mom I am scared.” I said, looking at Roswell high school while we approached the parking lot.
“It’s okay. Everything will be fine.” mom said as she looked for an empty parking space.
Today was my first day coming back to school after my training with Mike. I was happy coming back weighing 106 pounds. I slightly had a thigh gap and my stomach was in the process of a six pack. Today was also the first time I wore a short dress. I felt beautiful. As mom and I made our way to the office, everyone was looking at us. We walked to the office and entered.
“Hello Mr. Allen” my mom said
“Oh hello Ms. Scott, it been awhile, where Carly?”
Mom smiled, “she’s here.” she said pointing at me.
“Wow, you look good Carly.” he said, “well go off and enjoy the rest of the day.”
“Wait, Mr. Allen can you not mention that I am Carly, I want to see peoples reaction.”
Mr. Allen smiled, “okay sure.” he said.

I went off throughout the whole day explaining to my teacher not to mention am Carly. Everyone tried talking to me especially Cindy. She told me that I was pretty and she liked my dress. I just smiles and did say anything.
Just while I was waiting for mom to come pick me up I saw Tyson coming my way.
“Hey, I’m Tyson.” He said, “You must be new here, right?”
I couldn’t believe it, Tyson is talking to me. I just wanted to scream in his face and show him that he’s a complete ass. At the same time, I didn’t want him to know than I am Carly.
“Hi Tyson, and no I am not new it’s that I just never came for a long time.”
“So what’s your name” he said
I hesitated not sure what to say. So then I just said, “That’s for me to know and for you to find out.”
He looked at for a while, “wait I think I’ve seen you somewhere before.” He said. I didn’t want him to know anything. So I ran off leaving him standing calling me back. I just ran, not looking back.

I was getting my books out of my locker, when Cindy came and handed me a pink paper.
“Tonight I am throwing the sickest party, I better see you there.” She said, walking away.
I looked over at the paper and noticed the party started at 7. Thinking about this, I decided to go.
When I got home I put on the dress my dad got me when I lost weight. It was black with a sparkly top and it came up to my knees. Then I curled a little of my tips and applied my make up making sure it wasn’t too much. It was 6:30 so I put my black heels and then went down stairs.
“Mom I am going to a party, okay” I said as I turned the door knob ready to leave
“Okay, just don’t come home late. Have fun.” I closed the door behind me. Since Cindy’s house wasn’t far I decided to walk. When I arrived there, I could feel the music vibrating the porch. I entered looking around I saw everyone was here. Then I made eye contact with Tyson. He started to walk towards me. Suddenly the music faded and all I could see was Tyson getter closer and closer.
“Can I talk to you?.” He took my hand and pulled me over to the back yard.
“Can I help you?” I said pulling my arm away
“Yes. Ever since I laid eyes on you I can’t stop thinking about you. I really love you. Would you be my girlfriend?”
I was speechless. My throat got dry and I felt like running again, but this time I was trapped.
“I am sorry” I said.
“What… why, did I do something wrong?” he was so cute but I would never forget what he did to me.
“Look Tyson, you’re just a complete jerk. In fact you’re also an ass.” Tyson looked confused, he was speechless.
“Do you remember that girl Carly?” I said to him
He smiled, “oh that fat chick? Not to be rude but that girl was never going to change. No idiot would fall in love with her anyways. Why did you remember her?”
I felt like punching him but my hands just didn’t want to move.
“Well, Tyson I think that you’re that idiot,” I said.
“What do you mean?” Tyson was so confuse that I could see it in his eyes.
“Do you love me? I asked him
“Yes with all my heart, you’re just so beautiful.”
I felt my body heat rising and my heart started to beat faster.
“Tyson, I am Carly.”
Tyson mouth opened wide and all he could say was, “oh my god.”
I took the cup he was holding in his hand and spilled it all over him.
“I guess karma’s a b****, huh?” I said heading towards the door to go home.
This night was going to change my whole entire life.

QueenIsland123 BRONZE, Dubai, Other

It always seem impossible until it is done -Nelson Mandela

Such a good book. Are you going to make more chapters

KNN9 said...
 I thank it was good

sandy1234 said...
I really love how the character changes at the end and I like the personality of the character through out the book.