BACK FROM THE DEAD | Teen Ink

BACK FROM THE DEAD

By Levi_2020, Clifton, Colorado
Levi_2020, Clifton, Colorado

Chapter I 

GEORGE'S RETURN 

"Yo, do you thInk that we are goIng to fInd anythIng out here?" George asked FIll "I don't thIn.... Do u hear somethIng bro?" FIll saId 

"Yeah I do. What do you thInk It Is?" 

"I thInk It Is a moose. Man do you know what that means. That’s bIg game." 

"Lets go, and fInd out?" 

BLAM.... BLAM.... BLAM.... 

Fill    "GGGEEEOOOOORRRGGGEE!!!!"

---seven months later----- 

George "Hello, where the hell am I, where the f are my cloths? Oh there they are. Nurse, damn I'm In the hospItal, Nurse Hello Is anyone here." As George was gettIn changed In the room that he woke up In, he was gettIng really worrIed about what happened to the people. But as he was gettIng out of hIs room, he saw that the whole place was trashed as If It was looted lIke In the vIdeo games that he played as a teen In hIs past. But then he heard a noIse lIke If someone was there. So he went to go check It out to see If he could get any kInd of InformatIon of what was happenIng. But when heto the door he saw that It was blocked, blocked off lIke If someone dIdn't want someone, or somethIng to get InsIde. George was thInkIng about what was goIng to happen If he took everythIng out of the way to see If there somethIng out there, but as well he was thInkIng about what would happen If he stayed In the hospItal. 

George talkIng out loud to hImself "There's on way Imma fInd out what Is behInd those doors If I don't move everythIng out of the way, but as well, If I do move everythIng out of the way, there could be somethIng behInd them doors that could kIll me, so If I just stay here I could lIve one my own. But then I mIght as well fInd food for me rIght now, but that would take a shit ton of my damn time. F this, if i die, i f’ing  die. Dear lord don't make me regret this." So George started to move everything out of the way trying not to think about what was one the other side of them doors. Two hours have passed by and he just got done moving all of the shit that was in the way to open the doors. He tried to open the doors, but they didn't open so he looked around to see what was blocking there way of opening, and he saw nothing, so he started to get confused, he looks at the doors for a little bit then he saw that they had their safety locks on, so took those off, then he opened the doors. A ray of light came through the doors blinding George for a few seconds then he saw a stairway going down, he started to go down but when he got to the bottom of the first staircase he saw a bright red box, that might have something that could come in handy. Jogre goes back up to get whatever was inside the bright red box, when he opened it he found an axe. And he remembered that he used to do pretty badass tricks, moves with one that could easily kill someone if they tried to kill him. So he grabbed it and started to make his way down the stairway. A few moments later he was all the way down to the first floor of the hospital. But when he looked through the door way he saw a shit ton of f’ing zomebies that came out of nowhere. "SHIT, well this is going to be fun. Its likef’ing Call of Duty but the only thing is that I don't have a gun. But I have this damn axe with me so lets have some fun like,if it was the old days." George said to himself. George Was running through the room full of zombies killing every single one of them. "Lets have some fun while I still can. Damn going through you guys is a real workout, even though I am only 17, but damn, it feels good to feel this bruine." When Georgegot done with a room full of zombies he told himself.

"so if u guys are here then that means that most of the population in the world is dead and became one of you guys, well I be damned.This is a once in a lifetime opportunity so lets make it the best. I wonder how Fill is doing right now, I mean if that is if he is not dead?" So George got out of the hospital and started to make his way to the mountains, but he was in the heart of the city. He sees all kinds of cars and shit, but he remembered. "If I get in one of those car then I would atrack a f’ing shit ton more zombies then i can handle. So let's go on foot for a while." It was close to noon and he was a little bit passed downtown and he knows the area that he is in. And the first thing that he does is go to a gas station that was close by, so he ran knowing that it would make him even hungrier. 

"AAAAAHHHHHHH, SOMEONE HELP ME PLEASE!!!!" 

"What the f, sounds like it came from Marry street?" George thought to himself, George went to see what was happening on Mary street and when he got there he saw someone but he couldn't find out who it was, but she was running from zombies that's for sure so he went to go help her out. 

"Ima regret doing this someday, but she's in need of help." So he ran down that street to kill the train of zombies that she had on her tail. 

"What are u doing don't go u can't stop them. Run the other way." said the girl

"...." George went up into the trees like if he was a ninja of some kind. He saw that is was way too many for him to handle so he jumped down the tree ran to the girl graded her hand and they both ran to the gas station that was six blocks from the street that they are at. As soon as they got there the girl was breathing hard, she looked up at George But she couldn't tell who he was cuaz he had a bandana around his lower part of his face. 

"Thank you good sir, but may I ask, what is the name of the man that saved my life?" As George pulls the bandana down, he say"It JC that's what my friends call me by, well I can say that they used to call me JC, I am not in a group of any sort. But you can call me George If you like." as he is still looking out the window. 

"Oh that's a nice name. Wait did you say that your name was George." said the girl "Yeah why?" "What is your last name? If you don't mind me asking?" "It's Carrasco, and no I don't mind. I never got your name?" "HOLLY SHIT your alive after all this time, George don't you remember me? It's Lissandra." "How long was I out?" "about seven months, we all thought that you were dead. But your not thanks to god. We've missed you George, I missed you." "What the f, to I thought I was out for three weeks. Cuz I just woke up this morning around five." "Man, I can't wait to see the faces on the others, when they see you." "Wait there are more of you guys. Take me to the place please ." "Okay, let's start to go now while we still can." "No, it's getting dark soon so I say let's stay here, then tomorrow we'll get a move on, first thing in the Morning." "Okay, as u which." George Started to make a little fire for both of them so they can get some food and warmth for the night. After they both got some food George Gets up and starts to walk around the gas station. "Stay inside okay, I'm going to do a perimeter check around the place okay." said George 

"Okay, be safe don't take too long, okay." said Lissandra like if she wanted to have sex

Chapter ii 

THE GROUP 

In the next morning George Woke up early. The sky was still dark but he could tell that the sun was about to come up, so he got up from the place that he was sleeping, so he could stretch out before getting another fire started so they can get some food before they head out to the group that Lissandra was talking about. He turned around so he could get his axe, but instead he saw Lissandra laying down right by where he was sleeping, it made him think that they might have had it, last night. But he just grabbed his axe and went to go get some firewood so he could make the fire. "I slept okay last night but I wonder what me and her did last night, I hope we did nothing, cause if we did then I am f’ed." George said in his head,"I'm just going to leave a note of some kind letting her know that I went to grad some firewood." George Leaves a note from the charcoal that was left from the fire they had last night. "I WON'T BE GONE FOR LONG JUST WENT TO GET SOME FIREWOOD. BE BACK SOON." George wrote on the wall. "Damn, if she is telling me the truth about the group then I'll have to be careful because I think I might know what group she might be talking about.. I can't let her see me doing my martial arts with this axe, so I think that u might as well tell her the truth about me. As Georgestarts to head back to the gas station with the firewood he hears a noise far away from where he is, but he acts as if he knew nothing about the noise, but he can tell that he has been followed around since he got out of the hospital.

"Lissandra I'm back, with some firewood..." George stopped and saw that she wasn't there."Looks like she bailed on me. Oh well."

"George is that you?" said Lissandra like it took him years just to get the firewood. 

"Yeah it's me Lissandra you don't have to worry. And I am sorry that I left you here all alone in the morning."

"It's okay, I read your note that you left."

"Let me make a fire so we can get some food and then we can leave okay, the sun is barely out."

"Okay, take your time hun." 

"Umm.... Are you okay, Lissandra?" 

"What, oh yeah sorry I was thinking about that time that you asked me out." 

"Umm.. Okay, but got too tell you that was like JUNIOR year of high school. And I can tell u that was like ten months ago, so you don't have to be sorry about saying no. Because a man that cries every time a girl says no to him isn't really a man. And what I am about to tell you, is the truth about me. I am a man of my word, and you know that, but I can't go around asking random girls that I think that are cute out randomly. No I ask only the ones that I, think that I know well, for an example. You, the only reason that I asked you out was because I felt that I really knew you, but I was wrong." George stopes to take a breath for a minute."I am telling you this because I care about you. B...but..."

"But what, George,but what!" 

"But I simply think that I can't have you in my life yet, from the looks at it. And the food is ready if you want some."

So Lissandra sat down next to him so she can get some food. But right as she sat down George got up to get more food for the trip so they can have some food. When George was halfway to the gas station he heard the random noise again but this time like if they thrown something at him, so dogged it and he grad it. And then he went straight forward to the gas station. When he went inside he got out of sight so Lissandra didn't have to see him,  then he checked his hand to see what was thrown at him. But when he was done checking it out it was already too late he caught a sleeping dart. He ran out so he could tell Lissandra to run. But she was already on the floor asleep, but she was acting. 

"Ay, I could really use a hand on this one he is a heavy one." 

"God dammit, Mark what are you doing we told you to stop playing with... George!? Ayy someone help me with him and get everything that look like an army or anything that looks like a military backpack,with any weapons. Lissandra you can, get up now." 

"I thought the thesame thing when he helped me escape from a shit tone of f’ing romers n runners., yesterday. "

"Well let's take him back to camp."

As George was fighting the sleeping drug that was shot from someone in the group that was taking him back to their base camp. He knew a lot of ways to get off drugs because of his martial arts he knows what is happening on the outside of his head. So he starts to open his eyes slowly to see where they are at, and he saw that they were going through a small forest, and that they were dragging him on a hand make sled from wood he got up slowly from where he was laying down. He saw that his bag was right by him, he put it on quietly and quickly so they wouldn't notice anything specific. 

"Lets get out of here cuase I think that Lissandra put me in a f’king trap." George Thought to himself. 

"Ay, do u think that this kid is the one that they had been looking for in the past few months?" one dude said.  

"I don't think so, he looks like he is a lot older than they say. But I think that this kid isn't him." said the other. 

"They have been looking for me, what theactual f. But still lets get off this damn shit,f they don't know how to make a damn sled out of wood." George thought to himself again.

"Yoo, is it me or did the damn sled get lighter." As soon as George heard that he knew that was the que to have a little fun and make a little act. So he jumped up in the air and kicked the two guys that were carrying him, and then he took back his axe, and got in piston to fight back if it was going to be necessary.”

BLAM...... JC, put that axe down now! I don't want to shoot you, bro come on come back to us, it's me, Fill." Fill said 

" Fill is dead to me I saw get shot after I did, right in the heart." George said with anger. 

"George son, put down the axe and come with me, back to the rest of the group." said Lissandra with a sweet tone in her voice. 

"Fine, but if any of you make a move later on, I'll kill you." George Said with a calm voice and without hesitation, playing along. George Puts his axe on his back like if the backpack had a strong magnetic force. Then he checks to see if he has everything that was with him when he left the gas station. George Was missing a lot of his weapons that he had on him when he left the hospital. He had a shit ton of knife in the knifepaches that he had on both sides of his thighs, then he had two smaller axes behind him and, his hidden blades on both of his forearms, and etc. 

"Where are the rest of my weapon that I had with me. What you do with them" George asked angrily to everyone. 

"We brought everything that was on you. But you can find what you need or even might fit you back at base." Fill said."Oh and I like that you went with the black assassin cloak it fits you." 

"I need to go back so I can get all of my weapons before they end up in the wrong hands." George said 

"I can't let you do that you might put the whole camp in danger." Fill said as he knocks out George. 

As George knocked out he come up with plans in his head to be ready for what happens when he gets there, because he really doesn't know what he is going to get himself into. So he went into a deep sleep of some kind. And when he goes there it would feel like if it was only a few minutes of his time but really it's like a few . Hours of his life that would mean a lot. But he went to a place in his mind that he could train with only two people that would help him out with everything that he would do wrong in a fight or as a person that would make others feel bad for. 

"George, you did good but it is time to go out in the real world now you don't want to be here yet, you still have a life to make right. But fight for what you think is right." said one of his masters 

"Yes, sensay, thank you for your help both of you I know I say this a lot but you guys are a lot of help, thank you and see you the next time I need the help." George said two both of his masters as they were fading away. 

"George, honey you're finally awake." Lissandra said as she gives him a huge "Don't scare me like that.I was worried about you." 

"How long. How long was I out this time." George said 

"About 6 hours. I don't want you to do that ever again okay." 

"okay.. Why are you like this?" 

"Like what?" 

"Like this like if.. Like if we were dating?" 

"You made me yours when you, saved my life." Lissandra looks at him and gives him a kiss. As George getsup to get his weapons, he puts them on and he goes outside to get some air. But when he opens the doors, the sun blinds him for a few seconds. Then he sees a ton of people working, talking, being a community. He goes back inside and takes a seat next to the door.

"No this can't be happening. No." George Says quietly 

"George, honey is everything okay?" Lissandra says as she gets close to him "Honey, what is wrong? Is there something that is bothering you?"

"No its nothing." 

"Are you sure?" 

"yeah, i'm sure. Is this the group that you were talking about?"

" Yes, and I can't wait to introduce you to two good people that would like to see you." 

George Stopped to think about what she was saying. But he couldn't put his finger on it at all, but had an idea of what she might be talking about. But George just played along and just said okay. But he was trying to put one all of the puzzle pieces together to even see a ray of hope that it might be true that his parents are alive and that they came to this community. But all he could tell was that he is alone in the world, with or without Lissandra. But George can tell, that what was happening right now wasn't going to last at all.

"Lissandra, honey." George Said

"Yes sweety, what is it?" she asked 

"I have a feeling that this. You and me aren't going to last." 

"Well then, let's make the best of it as much as we can." George Looked at her in the eyes but he didn't say anything at all. Because he knew what he was going to say will hurt her. So he kept his, mouth shut about it. At that moment as he looked at hr he kissed her, but then he pushed himself back because he thought that it wasn't the right time. 

"Why did you hold back?" Lissandra asked wondering what happened 

"I thought that it was the right time to do so, but it was wrong." George said with no hesitation,"I like you, I really do, but I think that I might be pushing it a little to fare the line." He Started to get her worry about him."I know a lot of shit that you people don't even realize, and I know a lot of people that would want you as their own, and that would really make them made so.." Lissandra cuts him off

"I don't givea f about what the others might think of us, I know that my heart was tell me the truth. But I would take it as if it as a joke. And that would hurt a lot. But now that I'm yours there is nothing that would pull us apart. And that is a fact." she told him as if it was a promise. But little did she know that his heart was set to someone else. And George knew that she was here with a group of friends that he knew. But they wouldn't recognize him at all because of what happened to him. He might as well think that, they think that he is dead. But that isn't going to be long until they find out that he is still living.