Ghostbur Dread' | Teen Ink

Ghostbur Dread'

By Fr1end_B1ue, Florida, Florida
Fr1end_B1ue, Florida, Florida

Ghostbur walks through the forest he randomly woke up in "This isn't the limbo... where am I" he was scared and alone, he didn't know where he was. A dark figure went behind him knocking him out "Ah!" he falls being caught by the dark figure "w-who" he looked up seeing a familiar smiling mask before blacking out.

They Wake up in a room... he looks around seeing a bed, two doors, a closet, a lime green carpet, a shelf with a pot that had a blue flower in it, an end table with a lamp on it, but no windows just the plain white walls... he felt trapped just like he did when he was trapped at the prison... where he died because of tommy, bringing the one person no one wanted back. Walks up to one of the doors testing the doorknob, locked... he tries the other unlocked! They open it, seeing a living room, it wasn't any different from any other living room other than the number of green things there was. He walks some more around the place seeing a note on the kitchen counter, he walks up grabbing the note reading it

-Dear Ghostbur-

I hope I didn't scare you too much I saw you get knocked out in the forest by a zombie, so I brought you to my place! There is everything you need until I get back. Don't try to escape, you can't. On the other hand, I'll bring friend to you if you don't try to escape

-From your friend Dream-

He looked at the note scared he was trapped in the home of the person who killed him... "no no no no no no". They fall to the ground crying with his head against the cabinet their tears burning his face "why is this happening to me" he wraps his arms around himself.

Suddenly he hears footsteps outside not knowing if it was dream or not, they ran to the room he woke up in "He can't be here, this is just a nightmare... right" he couldn't believe or want this to be real. He wants it to just be a dream and wake up at his cold limbo where he is alone and listen to the train station where he does not knows go, go past him in the limbo. anywhere else then where he was right now... He hears the front door unlock and open then hears a voice of someone who he wished to never hears again. Dream said "Ghostbur are you awake?". They listen to the steps get closer to the room he was in then it stopped. He knew dream knows he was awake and, in the room, but was confused why he stopped walking or haven't come into the room. It was unlocked, so why? Dream: "Ghostbur come out of the room at 1:30pm" Ghostbur looked at the time seeing it was 11:43am. They tried to talk back without showing he was scared "o-okay" he could hear the fear in their own voice and knew dream heard it as well. Dream said, "okay thank you I want to talk to you is all". Ghostbur without even a second after he said that he only felt fear run down his back and the memories of his death. He didn't trust dream one bit and never will but knew talking back wasn't a good idea.

-1:30pm-

Ghostbur looked at the clock seeing it showed 1:30pm, so he knew he had to go to dream or who knows what could happen, but his fear held him back "Why won't my body move, is this fear..." they finally gained control and calmed down walking out of the room seeing dream sitting at a table waiting for him. He looked at dream petrified but was able to push out some courage and speak "H-hey dream what do you want to talk about" they look at dream, waiting for an answer from him. Dream said, "I want to tell you that as long you are here, you'll be safe no one will hurt you or upset you". Ghostbur didn't believe him at all even before he killed him. He did horrible things to tommy that he did not deserve. but they needed to lie, so he could learn how to leave this place "O-ok dream I trust you". Dream looked at Ghostbur his eyes covered by his mask. Ghostbur was wondering what dream was thinking about. He thought about if dream thinks he was lying to him or telling the truth. Dream finally spoke "ok that's good just one more question do you remember anything when you were first here, when Wilbur first died". Ghostbur knew he was asking this to see if he was lying that he trusted him or not... "yes I do but not all”. Dream spoke once again "so just like before you forgot all the bad memories and only have the good?". Ghostbur didn't like all these questions he felt like if he said the wrong thing something would happen. Once again, he answered as confidently as he could "yes dream I think it just something that happen when I got revived" They looked at dream trying to make Dream stop asking these questions an find out he was not telling the truth. Dream looked at his axe he had next to him then at Ghostbur "you aren't lying to me are you. Ghostbur". They looked at Dream "No, I'm not lying to you, I'm telling you truth" he doesn't like how dream is acting. Dream gets up from his seat "Fine I trust you for now Ghostbur". He walks past Ghostbur to his room next to the one Ghostbur woke up in. Dream said "Goodnight Ghostbur go to your room"' he closes the door behind him.

-2 Week later-

Ghostbur was doing what he always does, looking outside waiting for dream to come back. He always left in the morning then came back around dinner. Around the third day, Ghostbur started making dream dinner. In this time waiting for dream he would also read books and write down music lyrics and notes. As he was waiting for dream to get home, he sees a crow land on a tree outside close to the house. It reminded him of philza. He missed his family a lot, but he had no were to go he was trapped. If he did try to dream would just catch him and bring him back. "I wish I could leave, but I don't even know where I'm at". The crow flies away. Ghostbur watched as it takes off from the tree "goodbye crow". He saw that it was getting dark, and dream wasn't back yet so he was confused. Ghostbur decided to put dreams food away in the microwave since he didn't want it to get cold. He sat in the living room reading a book that teachno has talked about a lot 'The Art of War' he didn't know why technoblade liked talking about it so much. He read most of it before getting bored of it. "I'll finish it later" they put it back on the shelf. Deciding to go to sleep even though he doesn't need to. He wakes up to noise coming from the kitchen. He walks out of his room seeing dream putting his things away. They look at the time and it says it was 3:15am. "Why are you home so late dream?" he asked. Dream jumped a little then turns to see Ghostbur confused face "I was looking for something and lost track of time". What were you looking for?” Dream paused for a second, then spoke "It was nothing of too important" he turned back around putting his axe down on the counter. "Are you sure if it wasn't of any important you wouldn't have stayed out so late" he floats a little closer. Dream was getting annoyed at the ghost "I'm not telling you what it is Ghostbur so don't ask me" he takes off his armor. "Why not dream I thought you trusted me why are you keeping secrets from me" he made his voice a little louder, annoyed at dream. Dream got mad at Ghostbur for raising his voice at him and keeps asking him questions, so he snapped at him "Ghostbur shut up!?!". This shocked him but it made him remember dream wasn't his friend and didn't think him as a real friend. Dream froze "Ghostbur I'm sorry I am tired, and I've been looking for something all day". Ghostbur didn't believe him but decided to not anger him anymore then he has "It's okay dream I pushed a little too much" he turned around about to go back to his room when dream stopped him. "Ghostbur I'll let you go out tomorrow with me". this shocked him dream was going to let him out. "really" he couldn't believe this. "Yes, you've been stuck in here for 2 weeks" Dream responded. Ghostbur looked at dream for a second before responding back to him "thanks dream" with that he went to his room going to sleep to past the time.

in the morning-

Dream walks into Ghostburs room "Ghostbur wake up were going to go out now" he walks up to the sleeping ghost and shacks them. Ghostbur wakes up "are we going out?" he stands up. "Yes, we are" dream walks out of the room going to the front door. Ghostbur follows close behind him. Dream walks through the forest intel they get to Las Nevada's. "What's this place? This is new". Ghostbur looks around seeing the unfinished hotel in the distance. But Dream continued to walk towards the casino not looking at the other building that surrounded it. "Why are we here dream?". Dream stops right in front the casino and looks at Ghostbur "you stay here I'm just going to go in there, okay?". Ghostbur nods. "Good if you try to escape, I'll just find you again". Ghostbur watches as dream walks into the casino leaving him all alone, it would be easy for him to run to philza place since he knows where he is now. But would dream find him before he can get there. they stand there thinking of what he should do. He starts to run as fast as he can to the main part of to Dream smp not looking behind him he sees the portal to the neither and looks behind him to see dream. He runs faster trying his best to stay out of dream reach running through the snowy forest. Then he gets to an opening where Techno cottage lies in the distance and with the wooden fence that surrounded his home. "PHILZA!?!? TECHNO" Ghostbur screamed echoing through the mountains. He calls out their name as he run as fast as he could threw the snow.  Right when he got close enough for them to hear him, Dream grabbed him trying to get him before they saw. He screamed as loud as he could, but Dream covered his mouth. Then Dream saw techno and philza running their way. "Dang it" Dream got up dropping Ghostbur, running away trying not to get caught by Techno. Techno chased Dream down all the way until he is far away from his house and then walks back to his place to check on philza and Ghostbur. The two were talking about what happened and when Ghostbur was brought back. Philza asked “When did you get back" he was confused because Wilbur was still alive. "I got back 2 weeks ago, and somehow Dream found out how to split me and Wilbur apart". techno sits down listening to them. "That is very interesting” Techno thought. “Did he hurt you at all Ghostbur?" philza was worried Dream has hurt him. "No, he did nothing to me I'm ok" Ghostbur looked at techno who was lost in his own thoughts now to. “Are you okay techno?" he looked at Techno. "I'm fine just thinking how he could learn how to do this". "I was too, I didn't think it was possible" Ghostbur looked back at Phil. Who was now lost in his thought as well. He looked at the two of them lost in thought on how this could have happened. "Are you guys, okay?" Ghostbur was confused why they were thinking so much about it, it wasn't that interesting. Techno looked at Ghostbur "yes we’re just thinking about how since no mortal can do this, it's just not possible"

Technobalde and Philza started to look through their library on techno top floor. Ghostbur sat at the table writing some music notes. The fireplace burning bright as it slowly heats his ghostly cold skin. Ghostbur can hear the noise of footstep of his brother upstairs walking back and forth like an anxious rabbit. They have looked through the pages for felt like eternity but only was a few hours. "I miss friend" Ghostbur haven't seen his pet sheep since there death on that not so fateful day. Were he was lied to that he was safe. As he listens to the other two talk about that possibility of how dream have spilt him and Wilbur apart. He didn't feel like he was supposed to be there, like this was not truly real. Then there was a voice he has never heard before. "This is not real it's all fake Ghostbur you have to wake up". Ghostbur panics hearing the unknown voice. "W-what". The voice spoke again “This place is not real, it all in your imagination”.  Ghostbur froze not knowing what to say or if he should listen to this voice. Then he heard a voice call his name. “Ghostbur!” the voice yelled. Ghostbur was pulled back to reality. “Techno?” Ghostbur looked at his brother and his worried face. “There you are, you were not responding to us when we were talking to you” Ghostbur was confused now if the voice was telling the truth or not. “What happened Ghostbur” Philza said looking more worried than techno was. “I don’t know this voice told me that this world wasn’t real and it’s just a dream” Ghostbur looked at them worried and confused. “Don’t listen to any voices you hear they are lying; I know because I have them to”. Ghostbur was shocked by this he was never told this “Y-you do”. Techno nodded “I’ve had to live with them since I was a kid” techno looked at Ghostbur with a serious expression. This showed Ghostbur that he was not joking about this “how do I get rid of them” he was scared that the voices would try to drive him insane like Wilbur was. “You can’t get rid of them Ghostbur I’m sorry” Ghostbur couldn’t believe this he was going to have to deal with these voices forever. Techno looked at Ghostbur and saw the fear in his eyes. “Ghostbur if you ignore it, they won’t try to much and quiet down” He put his hand on Ghostburs shoulder. “Okay techno” Ghostbur watched as techno stood up and walked away. Philza was sitting by the warm fireplace “hey Ghostbur, what did Dream do when you were stuck with him?”. Ghostbur looked at philza “not really anything he would talk about stuff and hang out. He would also stay out late and leave early in the morning”. Philza looked at him “why do you ask Phil?” he was confused why he would ask about it. “Well, there’s no big reason, I just wanted to know” Philza looked away back to the book he was reading. “Hey Techno, do you know where Wilbur and tommy are?” Ghostbur wanted to get an apology from tommy. “Uh no I don’t I haven’t seen the two of them in while, why do you ask” he walks over sitting at the table as well. “I just want an apology from tommy is all” Ghostbur goes back to writing music. Philza walks over to the two “I know were the two of them are, I can bring you to them Ghostbur”. “Oh, really that would be great!” Ghostbur gets up from his seat. “They should be near Las Nevada’s” he says this as he collects some things.

As Philza shows the way to tommy and Wilbur Philza tells Ghostbur what he missed. “Wait ranboo is dead” Ghostbur was surprised by this since he had all 3 cannon lives before he was killed. “Yep, awesamdude killed him thinking Dream would care” they walk past Las Nevada’s. “Well, that Is dumb, why would Dream care about someone he maybe meet 1 or 2 times” Ghostbur didn’t know what awesamdude was thinking when he did it. “We are here at Wilburs burger van” tommy came out of the van then froze when he saw Ghostbur. “Ghostbur how are you here” he runs up to Ghostbur. Ghostbur looks at tommy before speaking “Tommy I want an apology”. Tommy froze once again “W-what for what reason”. Ghostbur crossed his arm “You’re the reason was sent to the limbo and was stuck there for a very long time”. Tommy didn’t know what to say he didn’t think it was his fault. “It’s not my fault its Sam’s fault” Tommy yelled in defense. Ghostbur was not happy with tommy now, then he spoke again with a stricter voice almost like Wilburs “I want an apology and don’t blame it on other people for your mistakes”. Tommy didn’t know what to say “I-I’m sorry Ghostbur I didn’t mean to get you hurt”. “See was so hard tommy” Ghostbur questioned tommy jokingly. “No, it wasn’t” Tommy smiled happy to have Ghostbur back, then it hit him. “Is Wilbur dead” Tommy now recognized this. “No, we don’t know how but Dream was able bring Ghostbur back and still have Wilbur around” Ghostbur nodded. Tommy was confused on how this was even possible or why Dream didn’t do it sooner. “Do you know where Wilbur is tommy” Ghostbur looked around wanting to see his alive self. “Yep, his just working on something in the burger van” Tommy turned around. “I’ll go get him now” with that he left the two of them. About 20 minutes later. Tommy walked back out with Wilbur behind him “Here he is”. Wilbur looked at Ghostbur with a angry face. “Why is he here” Ghostbur raised an eyebrow. “Why you so mad that I’m here” Wilbur looked him getting angrier. “Well, I don’t like when tommy only talk about you and now that your back, He'll only talk to you” Ghostbur was shocked about this. “I’m not trying to make him not talk to you” Wilbur could see he wasn’t lying to him. “Wilbur is that true? Are you jealous” tommy laughs. Wilbur turns red in embarrassment “Tommy shut up”. Ghostbur hears footsteps and look towards the forest then see Dream standing, watching from the darken forest. “Philza! Dream is over there” he points towards the area he saw. Philza looks to the place Ghostbur pointed “I don’t see him Ghostbur”. “I’m not lying I really saw him” Ghostbur was scared he was coming for him.

Tommy was scared as well; he didn’t want to see him again. “Tommy, calm down he won’t get to you” Philza comfort his youngest son. Wilbur looks at the forest and see a green silhouette run across the trees. He new it was dream but didn’t want to frighten the other two. He’ll tell Phil later that he saw him. Ghostbur was angry that he didn’t believe him. Then it happened Ghostbur was in Dream grasps a sword at his throat. “DAD” Ghostbur screamed in fear. Being in the same piston of being able to do nothing, just like in the prison. “Dream!” Tommy hid behind Philza horrified of Dream. Dream put the sword closer as Philza tried to get closer. “Don’t get any closer or I’ll do it” Dream watched the three watch his every move. “What do you want Dream” Wilbur says angrily his axe in his right hand. Dream looked at Wilbur and smiled. Even if they can’t see it because of his mask with an eternal smile. They knew he was “I just want to leave, and no one follows me, and Ghostbur comes with me”. “fine” Philza says you can hear the sadness in his voice when he said. “What! No, we can’t have that jerk have Ghostbur” Tommy didn’t want to lose Ghostbur again. Wilbur looked at tommy then at Dream “Tommy we have no other choose”. “You’re just saying that because you think everyone likes him more then you and getting rid of him you can everyone forget him” Tommy yelled at him. “Tommy I’m saying this because if we try anything Ghostbur will die” Wilbur shout back at tommy. Dream watched as they fight between each other filled with joy. But he couldn’t stay any longer because techno or someone else could get here and his plan would fail “Well I’ll be taking my leave now”.