Journey to Happines | Teen Ink

Journey to Happines

By FrankRo BRONZE, Sacramento, California
FrankRo BRONZE, Sacramento, California

"Just do it"
Nike

Happiness is something that many strive for today but you can not get the feeling of happiness if you sit down and wait for it to come to you if you change the way you look at things the things you look at change. Hi, I am Frank Rojas a 15-year-old student attending Luther Burbank High, like many others in this school, I have dreams. I want to become a Lawyer have a family attend my dream college UCLA and have a happy life knowing that I got everything I ever wanted. I want to be happy something many people struggle with in today's day and age.

My family is something that brings me happiness and is what pushes me to succeed and become the better version of myself. They make me a better person because I have people to make proud I want to be a son that they can be proud of I have a fear of becoming the failure in the family and being laughed at and people taking me as a joke so in that case my second biggest motivator is myself. I need to make sure that if I don't want to become the failure I so fear to be I have to stop doing old habits and do what will benefit me in the future so I can have the happiness I so much want and not live life in regret because of foolish and lazy careless actions I took as a young teenager. I would rather try and not succeed than not try and never succeed because I know that trying meant that I never gave up and that I was chasing my dream and not letting anything get in the way of my journey to success and happiness

A movie I like a lot is Scarface. Tony Montana comes from Cuba and is already breaking the law as soon as possible to bring in money because he is tired of working in a restaurant and getting a low salary. I like this because I also am something of a rule breaker myself and taking the easy way to success but a risk taker too because to do this you face a bunch of possible consequences that can easily ruin your life such as going to jail but I like to take that leap of faith and be confident because you can't go all your life running from things and following the rules in life sometimes you have to break them to become better

Picturing my future in my head I'd like to live by the beach because It's a beautiful and peaceful place that brings me happiness with a family with two kids and a beautiful wife. To make my dreams a reality I must stick to a healthy and good mindset which for now is doing good in school staying out of trouble and using myself and my family as my motivators to make sure I achieve those goals and to make sure I never give up even when things get bad because I don't want to be a failure.

In the end, I want happiness and to make my dreams come true and I'm not afraid to break the rules to get there and take big risks to get what I want in Life because at the end of the day only I can get myself there.

I struggled to discover who I am