Stressfull Success | Teen Ink

Stressfull Success

October 16, 2023
By Anaromvn07 BRONZE, Sacramento, California
Anaromvn07 BRONZE, Sacramento, California
3 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
"i like when money makes a diffrence but doesnt make you diffrent"-Drake


 “You're a kid you have no reason to be stressed all the time”Don't we love this saying.I            am Ana, a 15 year old hispanic sophomore at luther burbank high school.As a teen in this generation im very stressed.Sometimes for no reason.My stress goes from the past thinking about the past wishing that i could change it and stressing over it.Or even about the future as in deciding what career i want to have.Or present like struggling to not space out during class and miss the whole leason.So i struggle in the past present and future in a way.So for my parents or whoever states that kids are not supposed to be stressed or think that.How would we succeed in life without stressing.If i stress about something then i care about it, me stressing over a career just means i want to be successful.Stress is a big thing in my life bad feeling but good outcome.In a way i wish to set the goal which consist of leaving the past in the past and focus on the future.  Therefore, stress is a really big part of my life and it makes me, me in a way. 

 

 For example one thing that causes me stress is believe it or not my favorite sport.After every bad move i do it gets in my head no matter how little the mistake was i should've been there or not been there.Its like every move i take gets to my head.Whether its bad or really good.it's something i love and it hurts me mentally when i do it bad.Usually when i'm really frustrated i go outside kick the ball around or run or something to keep my mind off of whatever is going on.But still even if i make a bad move it gets to my head and makes everything worse.So therefore even the things we love can hurt us or make us stress.


Some other ways I manage stress is sleep.I know a lot of people do this.For me it really helps but its a way to procrastinate.Because a nap turns into 4-6 hours of sleep.Then im up all night with nothing to do and all my day plans are gone.All though i really love it i need to fix that about me.I sleep my problems away instead of doing something productive.”My day seems to disappear through my dreams.” Its good to get my mind off of things but not if you have plans throughout the day.


My plan is to go to college or even better straight to a university.I would like to go to law school.And become a homicide lawyer.I've been around them why not study them.I used to want to be a nurse it still catches my attention but mostly lawyer or nurse practitioner.

 

Overall I have many ways i get stressed and ways to cope.As I stress I grow and find out what Ifind important in my life and that makes me ,me.The things I love makes me who I am.But that changes over time.


The author's comments:

My essay is about how stress shapes me and how i cope and how it helps me grow.