To Teacher With Love | Teen Ink

To Teacher With Love

By Anson Lee PLATINUM, Chai Wan, Other
Anson Lee PLATINUM, Chai Wan, Other

Dear Mrs. XXX,

You are the best teacher ever!

During Year Two, it was fun when you gave us mealworms to study (although it was disgusting when you told us that people really crunch them!!!!). It was also fun when you taught us loads of experiments like experimenting with mealworms’ senses when we got a mealworm and put it on the edge of a ruler.

I also liked it when after I sent you my first novel – Life or Death, and you said you were a bit “squeamish” that is a common reply to my novel. I love writing bloody stories because I just like it. I was not surprised you said my stories were “cruel”. But actually, I don’t really like watching movies with torture, burning people alive, etc. I also have to thank you for appreciating my second novel - History Hunters: The Pirate of the Power Staff, and saying that it is wonderful and appreciating Angel for having only superficial wounds and quick healing capabilities.

When we were Year Three, I loved when we went and made crystals with Potassium Aluminum Sulphate and rocks and warm water. I was so excited when we managed to really make crystals.

You are a caring teacher because you let me go on “holiday” time after time. It helps me to work in a way I can’t explain. And you also let me ask at least 2,000 questions which is very good because I will ask even more questions until I reach a question you can’t answer (Ha Ha!!!!!). I always like talking for hours on the phone, and it was really good when I was in the hospital and you called. It really cheered me up.

You are also very, very brave because during camp, I remembered that you said you were on a raft made by the class when you were swept out to sea with no hope of going back. Then, when a motor boat rescued you, you saw Mr. P swimming badly in the raging sea with the boat going away. You risked your life rescuing him, but found out that he was faking it. It was a very brave feat because you could be swept even further, say, one nautical mile away from shore and I don’t have to tell you what happens next (luckily you are a strong swimmer)!

You are also an excellent teacher because you borrowed microscopes from the secondary school and gave them to us so we could see mint leaves and onion skin close up. Since the class will be moving up to Year Four soon, it will be great if you will conduct even more experiments including microscopes with us so we can spend the rest of Year Three happily.

I hope that the Board will promote you to be a teacher of Year Four with me in your class. If they don’t promote you, I’ll rough them up until they do!!!

Love from YYY

Anthea said...
He is a lovely and gifted 8-year old boy.