Should Students be Paid for Good Grades? | Teen Ink

Should Students be Paid for Good Grades?

August 9, 2010
By ajilla BRONZE, Chicago, Illinois
ajilla BRONZE, Chicago, Illinois
2 articles 0 photos 4 comments

Favorite Quote:
everything happens for a reason


If students get paid for every little thing they do in school, they will expect to get paid for everything out side of school. Students need to learn that learning will pay off in the end when acceptance letters and scholarships rush their way. Students shouldn’t get paid because they will expect to get paid every where, they will be studying for all the wrong reasons, and student’s grades will drop after they get their money.

Some students have to work so they will get paid. At their jobs, they should be worrying about money, not at school. For example, if I get paid for an A in science, and then I go ad help an old lady with her groceries, I will expect her to give mea tip. The student will not do anything worth doing, without receiving something in return. Should students have money? Of course. Should students expect it from school? No.

Studying gets you into a good college, where in the future, a good college will pay off. When you are in college you can study whatever you want to do, and when you’re older, then you can get paid. In reality, if you get good grades you will get paid. For example, if you get good grades and even throw in a couple of extracurricular, you will get a scholarship, so your college will be paid for. Colleges aren’t cheap. So what would you rather have an xbox that you paid for because of your grades, of a scholarship to college, get a great job when you’re older and get all the money you want?


Also what will happen after kids get their money? Their grades will drop. All that money the school paid them was for nothing. When you pay a student to get good grades, test scores go up, but what if you can’t supply them with money any more? All grades will drop drastically. Their chances for new opportunities are once more out the window. Students do need to get motivated, but their might be a different way to do it.

Students shouldn’t get paid for doing will in school. If they do, students won’t go to college and they will live with their parent. If they do, what happens when they get married?