I Am | Teen Ink

I Am MAG

By Anonymous

      I am a girl. And I want the world to know it.

I want the world to know that it is only right to judge me based on who I am. I want the world to know that I have interests. I am not someone who sits in front of the computer all day, or watches television all night. I want the world to know that I make some of my own clothes, and that I have a passion for fashion. I want the world to know that I am aesthetic. I love art. I want the world to know that I have a strong liking for music. It is one of the only things that calms me down. I play trumpet, violin, piano and guitar. I want the world to know that I can really write. All my feelings and emotions are put into every piece I craft. Writing helps wash away my problems.

I want the world to know that I love to travel. I have been to Europe, China, Taiwan, Canada and around the United States. I want the world to know that I can shop until I drop, even though that never happens. I want the world to know that I associate better with guys. I believe girls have more emotional mix-ups and small things get exaggerated. I want the world to know that I love color, especially hot pink. I want the world to know that I was born in the wrong era: I belong in the 1950s.

I am super strong. And I want the world to know that.

I want the world to know that I am a tough cookie. I can do anything I want. I play with weapons. I want the world to know that I can support myself. I want the world to know that I am a problem child. I have struggles and worries. I overreact. I have days when I cry hysterically and others when I laugh like I have never laughed before. I am emotional, but I do not have emotional breakdowns.

I want the world to know that I can handle things by staying away from smoking, drugs and sex. Instead, I write about my problems, and they fade. I want the world to know that I hate lies. They only create problems. That is the reason why I am so brutally honest. I want the world to know that I hate war. I want the world to know that I am capable of doing anything.

I am who I am. And I want the world to know that.

I want the world to know that I have friends. I look to them for inspiration and encouragement. I want the world to know that I have the worst and best parents in the world. They are supportive and they are crazy. I want the world to know that I am special. I want the world to know that I have a need to be free. I would like to fly with wings over a massive field of green, looking down at the scenery and smiling on my poetic thoughts. I want the world to know that I have goals and aspirations. I want the world to know that my imagination is what I am capable of. I want the world to know that I can be myself whenever I want to, and that is all the time.

I am Iris. And I want the world to know that.

I want the world to know that I adore life. I want the world to know that I am happy. Smiles are contagious, and I spread them. I cannot live a day without sharing my high spirits. I want the world to know that I am not simple. I am not selfish, or rude. I am not disrespectful or bad mannered, though if something irritates me, I will take action. I want the world to know that I can be shy, but at the same time, I am a social butterfly. I want the world to know that I frown and cry. Tears of sorrow run down my apple cheeks. I want the world to know that my love is passionate, and that my hatred is strong. I want the world to know that no one has ever hated me without a good reason. I want the world to know that I can express myself. That is the only thing I do right. I speak my mind.

I am everything I want to be. And I want the world to know that.