Just Put Your Mind to It | Teen Ink

Just Put Your Mind to It

December 16, 2007
By Anonymous

Has somebody ever told you it was impossible to do something? Well you can. I’m just a normal kid in Kentucky that goes to a normal high school. West Jessamine. I have always loved the sport football, and it is the best sport out there. I have learned a lot of life values and probably the most important ones from football. I plan on keeping these values and learning new ones. I believe that if you put your mind to something you can accomplish anything.
Really, if you think about it, you can do anything you put your mind to. If you are over weight and you have the thought of maybe getting skinnier than you can. Just put your mind to it. Exercise and eating a little less everyday is all you would have to do. See it is a very true statement. I know that every person out there has put there mind to something and accomplished it. Here is a bunch of examples on why I believe in this statement. If you are a straight D student and wanted to make A’s and B’s then just put your mind to it. Study every night and do you’re HW and there ya have it, A’s and B’s. A good story about this belief is the Miracle Worker. This girl named Annie Sullivan takes on the task of teaching a blind and deaf girl how to communicate. She works hard and she trys and put her mind to it. At the end, she finally gets it through the girl (Helen Keller) how to communicate. This is just one great story on the belief that if you put your mind to it you can do anything. Another great story is about a woman named Oprah Winfrey. As a young child, she was abused. She was African American and lived in a poor neighborhood. She tried extremely hard at school and this allowed her to become the richest woman in America. Now she is working on a show called the Oprah show, and it gives advice and other thing to people that need it.
All kids at some point say that you can’t do something. Then the parents come over and show them. Just recently, I had an encounter with my belief statement. I was loading up 40-pound bags of salt and I told my dad I could not do it. Then my dad comes over and shows me the easiest way to transport the bags. Then next thing you now I am putting all the bags in the basement very quickly. As you can see if you put your mind to it you can do anything.
The very reason I why I believe this statement comes from a life lesson. I was 10 years old and played football. I was a very large lineman and always wanted to be a running back. I wanted to be the person who got all the glory. I told my dad this. He told me that I really wanted to do something that I could. He gave me the advice that if I ran everyday after practice that I would get skinnier and would be allowed to run the ball. Therefore, I put my mind to it and ran and ran. I eventually got under the weight limit (120 pounds) and the coach told me I could run the ball. So I did. Now I am a running back for our high school and enjoy it
In my future, I believe that my belief statement will take me a long way. I hope that it takes me farther in football and ables me to get a scholarship. It should help me in college. If I have an essay that seems impossible, I will know that if I put my mind to it that I can accomplish it. In addition, I think when I start making money that this will play a big part. Overall, I believe that if you put your mind to it that you can accomplish anything you want.