Sports | Teen Ink

Sports MAG

Sports have played a major part in my life. They mean so much to me because they have given me the chance to build relationships with teammates and competitors. Playing sports made me realize that win or lose, if I had worked my hardest I was happy with myself.

I like to play sports because they give me time to focus on training, which relieves stress and keeps me fit. I like to play soccer and ice hockey because I learn to work with a team. Individual sports such as track and dancing have given me the confidence to perform successfully in front of people.

I have benefited by playing many different sports. In soccer, I understood that the harder I worked the better I got. In ice hockey it was a very different understanding. My hockey team was the first girls team to be formed in the Winslow area, and the team started with kids who could barely skate. With positive attitudes from both the coaches and the players, we built the team up for a successful winning season. The winning wasn't only against other teams but also within ourselves because we had the positive attitudes to get where we were.

School work is especially important during sports seasons. Keeping up my grades is important to me. Playing sports and having good grades make me happy because I feel that if I can succeed in both school and athletics, I can also have a successful future.

My family is another key factor in my sports success since they have always supported me in every type of sports and activity. If I didn't have them behind me, I don't think I'd be as successful. Being an athlete with good grades and a supportive family and friends has made me into the person I am. I feel that it is because of these factors that I have succeeded and will continue to succeed. -